S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: '86 Jetta Diesel engine/trans and more  (Read 3464 times)

July 28, 2013, 03:20:39 pm

Quantum_Freak

'86 Jetta Diesel engine/trans and more
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:20:39 pm »
I need to make room for other projects, so this has got to go.  I bought this '86 Jetta thinking I could fix it up, but the body is way too rough for me to deal with.  I drove the car around a few times, and the engine (hydro) started and ran great in any temperature, and the trans worked fine as well.  The clutch was kind of odd, but it wouldn't be tough to change, as the engine and trans are getting pulled from the body very soon.  Odo was broken at 168k.  Pictures:

Important:  the belt setup on this car is a big reason for it's demise.  It had A/C, and every adjuster/tensioner was rusted solid and junk.  So, the engine doesn't come with a belt setup at all.  Water pump is still there.

Like I said, the body is shot (no floors, no brake lines, mismatched late model doors, etc), and I'll be scrapping it soon.  I'll save the fuel tank, engine wiring, and any other diesel specific parts, along with all the lights and trim.  Everything is up for grabs except the gauge cluster and the cold start cable.  I'm open to offers, and I can ship at your cost.  I could probably come up with a pallet if someone sets up truck shipping for the engine/trans.  I have a ton of mk2 parts laying around, in addition to this entire car.  I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, 53703.  Cheers!

'85 Quantum Wagon TD
'83 Quantum Coupe
'86 Cabriolet
'77 Toyota Corona
'98 Jetta TDI
'94 Geo Prizm
'66 Westfalia Camper

Reply #1July 28, 2013, 03:26:13 pm

Quantum_Freak

Re: '86 Jetta Diesel engine/trans and more
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »
I should add, I have a trailer and a Quantum with a trailer hitch, so I could deliver the engine/trans to within 6 hours of Madison for the cost of diesel(cheap). 
'85 Quantum Wagon TD
'83 Quantum Coupe
'86 Cabriolet
'77 Toyota Corona
'98 Jetta TDI
'94 Geo Prizm
'66 Westfalia Camper

S-PAutomotive.com