S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: custom gasser turbo questin  (Read 2770 times)

June 24, 2013, 11:01:42 am

CRSMP5

custom gasser turbo questin
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:01:42 am »
this is for vr6t.. but any should give me a reply i seek if you have screwed with them... 

i have decided a log manifold.. custom ic set up..

where should the throttle body be?? most put it between the log and ic.. ok.. that works..

am i going to use the vr6 throttle body.. honestly.. NO.. i am going to use a progressive one like mk1/mk2 have so the throttle response is smoother... yea the big butterfly may flow more.. but the big plate of the cis stuff is same size as turbo outlet..  to give prtial throttle the smaller hole will make it less choppy on/off throttle.. why they were 2 stage..

but why does the throttle body have to be at the log between ic and intake?

if the ic is part of the intake system... i would assume it would be much less laggy.. when you get off the throttle the ic will not have to worry bout extra pressure.. and 12" of pipe between the turbo/throttle body would be pretty responisive i think...

so anyone done this? know of bad reasons it sucks as a idea?

Reply #1June 24, 2013, 11:56:15 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: custom gasser turbo questin
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56:15 am »
My buddy Troy that drags that MK1 yellow rabbit has done this with it. I will call him if needed to see why or what setup he is running now with the saab turbo. IIRC he wanted it as close to the turbo inlet as possible...I cannot remember for sure, but I think he said it had the best throttle response that way.
So by that it would be different than your idea.

Reply #2June 24, 2013, 12:10:03 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »
how different? same idea... closer = less lag in theory.. the ic would be part of the intake vs piping between turbo/throttle body... so responsive yep... my using duel progressive throttle body vs 1 big plate.. makes drivability much smoother.. one of the things i hate abt aba swaps.. the go pedal is no longer smooth.. its more off/on

Reply #3June 24, 2013, 04:05:40 pm

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »
An offset spool makes the big TB progressive....

Reply #4June 26, 2013, 12:18:33 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 12:18:33 pm »
log as in custom plenium.. gettin rid of the goofy over vc section.. no way it can be used w/turbo due to locations...

S-PAutomotive.com