Author Topic: Two Hondas in one hour!  (Read 2632 times)

March 08, 2006, 04:37:17 pm

bhtooefr

• Veteran

• http://my.opera.com/bhtooefr
Two Hondas in one hour!
« on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:17 pm »
Remember, my car's a 1.6NA. Take that into account.

First, I was ascending a nice tall hill. On this hill, I usually start out at 35 in third. I decided to drop everything a gear (in other words, start in second). I got to 45 in third frighteningly quickly, and was soon nearly on the ass of a (bone stock) current-gen Civic gasser. This is a hill that I've previously only been able to do at 40, FWIW. Granted, the Civic was only doing 48 or so in a 55. If you see a Civic with the doors blown off, it was probably me. (Yes, I did it in a safe passing zone.)

Then, I was behind this Ponti-Yak Trans Sport. Doing right on 50 in a 55. I mispredicted the amount that it would slow down to take a set of turns, and slowed down a touch too much. Enter a Honda Prelude, right on my ass. I then catch up to the Trans Sport. Oh, and is that thick black smoke out the back? Then, I'm behind the Trans Sport with more than safe following room. The Prelude is right on my tail. I use a little of that following room to accelerate some. :twisted: Note that this is a no-passing zone. The Prelude then proceeds to blow the doors off me AND the Trans Sport (which I never could safely pass :evil:). Very few cops around here, and I don't think there's a law here where you can just report anyone who you see violate traffic laws, but if there were, the guy's an idiot. His vanity plates were: "PRELUDE" :lol:

1986 Volkswagen Golf | 1.6L NA diesel | 5spd manual | Deep Cosmic Blue (LE5C) | aack, it's a parts car, now, too!
1992 Mazda Miata | 1.6L DOHC gasser | 5spd manual | Classic Red (SU)

Reply #1March 21, 2006, 02:49:16 am

gunny

stupid gasser tricks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 02:49:16 am »
On my way to work everyday, I travel a major highway, rt 17 here in upstate NY, I have these punk kids that see a golf and think "hey" lets drag on the highway, well it usually happens at a light before getting on the highway, this punk pulls up, revs his rice burner and screams off, I push off thinking, hmmm he should be so proud, he just sucked the paint off a 52hp diesel. I had one kid that did that and I met up with him down by the mall one night at a car club meeting spot, I take the kids down to look at all the neat cars that show up, this kid proceeds to tell me how fast his civic is and how bad he beat me, then he mentioned that my golf was smoking real bad as he came up behind me on the highway entrance ramp, I told him no --it, it's a diesel withb 52hp. He was so stupid he asked me how I could drive something so slow, I told him easy, #1, mommy and daddy aren't paying for my ride and that I get 480 miles between fill ups and that the next time I see him driving like that, I may be in my other car, you know the ones with the gold stripe down the side that says State Trooper on the sides and across the back. The look on his face was a real kodak moment LOL.
Diesels, reliants, and my dual sport bike

Reply #2April 03, 2006, 08:19:20 am

bhtooefr

• Veteran

• http://my.opera.com/bhtooefr
Two Hondas in one hour!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:19:20 am »
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Oh, and that Civic? Last week, with suspected low compression in all four cylinders, I sucked the paint off of the SAME CIVIC!
1986 Volkswagen Golf | 1.6L NA diesel | 5spd manual | Deep Cosmic Blue (LE5C) | aack, it's a parts car, now, too!
1992 Mazda Miata | 1.6L DOHC gasser | 5spd manual | Classic Red (SU)