Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Vacuum hose question.  (Read 2409 times)

May 18, 2013, 02:37:10 pm

homerj1

• Veteran

Vacuum hose question.
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:37:10 pm »
I not sure where the vacuum hoses connect on my 1.6td, mk1 jetta.  Mk2  Bentley wasn't clear.  :(

Vacuum nipple locations:

I have a vac nipple on my waste gate actuator (K03), on  top of the IP,  on the inlet elbow of my intake manifold. Also a few small nipples on my check valve between  the vac. pump and the brake booster.

I also plan to run a boost gauge.

thanks

btw it is a high of 3 deg C here and snow showers\ ice pellets a bit on and off - nice long weekend eh!? ;)

Reply #1May 18, 2013, 02:53:16 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Vacuum hose question.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:53:16 pm »
I not sure where the vacuum hoses connect on my 1.6td, mk1 jetta.  Mk2  Bentley wasn't clear.  :(

Vacuum nipple locations:

I have a vac nipple on my waste gate actuator (K03), on  top of the IP,  on the inlet elbow of my intake manifold. Also a few small nipples on my check valve between  the vac. pump and the brake booster.
There is no vacuum on the pump, that is your LDA (device that delays full fueling until the turbo spools up).  It gets connected to the intake manifold so the pump knows when there is boost.  Hose goes from the pump nipple to the intake nipple.

The only vacuum you'll have (unless you have a car with AC) is running from the vacuum pump to the brake booster.  Nothing else on the car has vacuum going to it.  AC cars have an extra line going to the airbox as they use vacuum to open and close some of the vent doors.  That's what the extra nipples on the line from the vacuum pump to the brake booster are for, so if you don't have AC just cap them off.

Your K03 is probably off a vehicle that had EGR originally.  They had vacuum to one side of the wastegate can to disable the turbo during EGR operation, it was controlled by the (limited) body computer on AAZ engines or by the ECU on TDI cars.  It does not need to be connected to anything on your 1.6TD as you don't have EGR.

I also plan to run a boost gauge.

Most of us tee in to the line that goes from the intake to the pump for our boost gauges

btw it is a high of 3 deg C here and snow showers\ ice pellets a bit on and off - nice long weekend eh!? ;)

12°C and drizzly here!
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #2May 18, 2013, 03:18:25 pm

homerj1

• Veteran

Re: Vacuum hose question.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »
Thanks for the help!

Just to clarify the K03 answer.

There  is a second vac.ish line on the actuator, that with a vac size line connects back to the turbo This stays on the other is, as you've suggested is not important.

Aivars

Reply #3May 19, 2013, 02:25:50 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Re: Vacuum hose question.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:25:50 am »
Yep, the line going from the turbo to the actuator is the boost signal to the wastegate. It opens the wastegate when you hit about 9-12 PSI with a stock turbo.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen