Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: And it begins...TDI Passat 5 speed  (Read 16443 times)

Reply #45December 06, 2012, 07:25:05 pm

QuickTD

• Veteran

Re: And it begins...TDI Passat 5 speed
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 07:25:05 pm »
I just finished the final touches on this project. I reflashed the ECM using a loader from TD tuning. After the flash I changed the ECM coding to 0150031 and everything works fine. I left the ABS module coded as I had it at 00012.

I had a stage 1 tune put in along with the reflash, it pulls harder up top, nothing huge, it was plenty strong before. The clutch holds it just fine. I noticed that the revs would kind of hang when making shifts with the auto software. Some kind of driveline damping I guess. Thats all gone now with the manual code. Its now very quick to respond.

I had to do a slight rework on the ECM/engine harness. Seems they didn't include the clutch switch wiring in the auto version, though it is shown in the schematic. I should have checked earlier since there was a note in the drawing "manual trans only". I figured just the switch and plug would be omitted, not ALL the wiring. Anyway, I was able to cheat and use the existing kickdown switch wire to run from the bulkhead connector to the ECM. Didn't have to unwrap the harness or find any pins, just moved the terminals at each end to their new assignments.

I guess this completes the project, nothing interesting left to do. If anyone gets into something similar I'd be happy to share my experience.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:25:19 pm by QuickTD »

Reply #46December 06, 2012, 08:48:05 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 08:48:05 pm »
You know what this thread is missing? Pictures. And a video of senseless tire destruction :D

You can't see it, but my hat is off, well done.
Tyler

Reply #47December 06, 2012, 09:54:44 pm

QuickTD

• Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:44 pm »
Senseless tire destruction? This is a class act man, not some bratty Mk2 golf. Sheesh... ;D The traction control now works so I have to remember to turn it off to lay rubber. I have a couple of pics of the finished product.

Engine almost looks like it was made to fit. I guess it was, sort of...

The car cleaned up really well too,

I'll see about a video...

S-PAutomotive.com