Author Topic: HOW is it possible for these to flow any better than a stock TD piece?  (Read 8550 times)

Reply #30September 27, 2012, 06:01:27 pm

bgbmxer

• Junior

Re: HOW is it possible for these to flow any better than a stock TD piece?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »
How much firewall-turbo clearance do you have with that setup? Not much I'd guess!

i think after the adaptor was on, there was only a hair of clearance, but he solved that issue with a hammer, maybe he will chime in again.

And it was a port a power not a hammer haha.

Reply #31September 28, 2012, 02:18:07 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »
How much firewall-turbo clearance do you have with that setup? Not much I'd guess!

i think after the adaptor was on, there was only a hair of clearance, but he solved that issue with a hammer, maybe he will chime in again.

LMFAO!!!

thats pure AWESOME right there  ^ ^ ^
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #32September 28, 2012, 06:41:42 pm

bgbmxer

• Junior

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »

LMFAO!!!

thats pure AWESOME right there  ^ ^ ^

If I did it again I might either use a standard t3 flange, mill to fit a standard  t3 since I was using a Chrysler style flange, or just not use a Wastegate since I can control boost with just fuel anyways and I wouldn't have to clearance

Reply #33October 02, 2012, 07:27:31 am

bgbmxer

• Junior

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 07:27:31 am »
I plan on using the t3 of my charger next time or something of that size and trim and the same intake As in the picture and just weld the Wastegate shut this time.

Reply #34October 02, 2012, 12:42:30 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »
I plan on using the t3 of my charger next time or something of that size and trim and the same intake As in the picture and just weld the Wastegate shut this time.

a Chry T3? the bigger one? its much bigger than the stock VW t3..

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #35October 02, 2012, 12:46:44 pm

bgbmxer

• Junior

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:44 pm »

That's the point haha. I ran the Mitsubishi and it spooled just fine. The Chrysler t3 is a bit bigger and can make more power. I didn't do much for pump mods last time and needed more fuel up top. Everyone's worried about spool time I'm worried about power.

Reply #36October 02, 2012, 12:58:25 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »

That's the point haha. I ran the Mitsubishi and it spooled just fine. The Chrysler t3 is a bit bigger and can make more power. I didn't do much for pump mods last time and needed more fuel up top. Everyone's worried about spool time I'm worried about power.

i was one of the nay-sayers... im glad it worked out for you bud.. it just means i have more options next time i need a turbo, because i have one of each.. a TD04 and a Chry T3..

who cares about spool time? you get lag when you ask for power..

its all about learning your car, and being able to judge distance..

i just plan ahead, and think to myself, "i wanna be boosted up by the time i get to this landmark" witch is still hundreds of yards away..

eventually, you just learn to live with the turbo lag.. and it doesnt bother you anymore..

i drive a VNT20 powered Jetta.. turbo lag is DEFINITELY something i deal with every time i drive it..

right now my vanes arent operational, so it spools quite fast..

i really need to figure out how to keep the damn turbo from eating wastegate actuators tho..

Reply #37October 02, 2012, 01:29:11 pm

bgbmxer

• Junior

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »
It made enough power everywhere that I never had to think about lag. In second gear I could mash on it and tires would fight for traction and third and fourth would just waste the clutch and the gearing was the longest 4 speed they made. The porting and intake and exhaust definitly made a difference. Even on hills where I would have to downshift Before the turbo it would keep accelerating.

Fixmyvw.com