S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: New to the forum - Peugeot XD3T 2.5L IDI w/ VE pump - any other Peugeot owners?  (Read 3583 times)

September 17, 2012, 02:32:57 pm

rabin505

• www.505turbo.com
I'm also fairly new to diesels so I'm hoping to use a lot of the tuning tricks I find guys doing on VW IDI engines on Peugeot engine.

Not going for crazy power, just hoping to tune it as best I can with an end goal of making it as modern as possible with respect to NVH and power levels.  I've put up want ads for AAZ IP injector cam plates and AAZ 2-stage injectors as to me seems like it has a lot of potential with the right tuning.

Hopefully IP and injector mods and a turbo upgrade will get me to that point.  I'd love to do a VNT if there was an easy and affordable stand alone controller, so until then I'll just rebuild the stock T0302 with a possible upgrade later if a VNT controller becomes availble.

Hopefully there are other Peugeot lurkers here that can post up what they've done and what worked or didn't work.

My build thread is here:  http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2222-1986-505-td-wagon-w-4sp-auto/  Haven't updated it in a while, but still actively collecting parts and getting ready to get started on it after I do some garage renos.

Rabin

1986 505 TD wagon (2.5L XD3T w/ 4sp automatic)

Reply #1September 17, 2012, 07:53:03 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
peugeot nozzles are bigger FWIW..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

S-PAutomotive.com