S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 1986 Audi Coupe GT (not a diesel, i know, but its NICE!)  (Read 2887 times)

August 28, 2012, 04:08:45 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
1986 Audi Coupe GT (not a diesel, i know, but its NICE!)
« on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:45 pm »
Anyways, for any of you that care, heres my 86 Audi CGT..

when i bought it, it kinda (really) needed a clutch.. 160k miles on the original clutch disk.. its being held up next to a Sachs Superset clutch disk.

and while it was apart, i decided to clean the tranny.. (you can clearly see the hydraulic clutch setup, witch started in 86 on the CGT)

im pretty happy with this $3000 car.. ive literally only got 3000 bucks into this ride. it even came with a new clutch set, new clutch master and slave, a timing belt, water pump, timing idler, new plugs, cap, rotor, and wire set (the ones that come in a 2ft long box because they are already in the factory loom), newer radiator, newer tires..

and a pretty clean interior, besides the fact that some RETARD CUT THE PIPING OFF THE SEATS!!! god i was sad when i finally realized why my seats just didnt look right..

im quite happy with my latest investmen.. (even tho its not a diesel, or a VW, but, i DO HAVE a 2.0TD that i would like to rebuild and drop in here some day.. this would be an amazing car for a diesel swap!

and just for shiggles.. this is my buddies 82 Olds Custom Cruiser.. it IS a diesel.. its got the bigger of the 2 injection pumps that came on the 5.7D, and it runs very god for a 5.7... its only got 83k miles on it. ORIGINAL.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:02:05 am by R.O.R-2.0 »

92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #1August 28, 2012, 10:29:12 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: 1986 Audi Coupe GT (not a diesel, i know, but its NICE!)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »
Nice, where did you find it?  Can't say I'd turn it down either at that price. And with parts!  You are blessed my boy.

Reply #2August 28, 2012, 11:03:51 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
Nice, where did you find it?  Can't say I'd turn it down either at that price. And with parts!  You are blessed my boy.

picked it up in portland, from a buddy..

he bought all the parts to fix it, then decided he wanted to sell it to me instead.

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #3August 29, 2012, 12:05:26 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:05:26 am »
Are all your buddies that bad at figuring the net worth of a car like that?  I'm in Portland, tell me when they care to give away something like that next time.  Wow,  talk about falling into it.

Reply #4August 29, 2012, 05:09:57 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »
Are all your buddies that bad at figuring the net worth of a car like that?  I'm in Portland, tell me when they care to give away something like that next time.  Wow,  talk about falling into it.

well, he brought the car to me for me to change the clutch and timing belt..

then he decided he wanted to sell the car as i was working on it.

i had said that i wanted first opportunity to buy the car, the day he brought it home..

anyways, long story short, the car arrived for service, and never left..  8)

and i actually paid $1300 for the car, but i sold a SBC engine (that i got for free) and made a grand off that, and then paid another 300 bucks on top of the profits from the free engine..

Fixmyvw.com