Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 78 ext caddy project.. ne ohio  (Read 3393 times)

August 25, 2012, 08:45:06 pm

CRSMP5

78 ext caddy project.. ne ohio
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
well theman saw it today... feel free to ask him his opinion/odd quetion... about it... but real questions/my opinion matters... hit me up...

the deal... years ago myke_w buddy dave had this down in athens... he stalled on the project... myke was starting to get mad.. and i knew someone who wanted a extended cad caddy...

deal was made.. a little over priced.. but finish the body work.. vs clipping and body work.. the hard part is DONE.. now it needs all the finishing... there is still some rust repair to do.. rockers need finished.. dave installed cabby floors and started to add in cabby lik esupports to teh rockers.. and all that...

price... as much as possible.. the known price is way too high for how fast it needs sold..

the truck.. some misc boxes.. wiring and such.. its a rolling shell.. trailer required... $1k.. trust me he loosing his arss... but its gotta go in the next 30 days... and since he has lost his arss so much.. he will scrap it..

now... for additional money there is a no strut tower/floors gone caddy that is $300.... good winshield/sliding rear window... and all kinds of patch panels.... i could remove the glass and sell with extended for 100... scrap value+100 is all its worth.. but IMO... whole thing as its got wipers/pedals and stuff... spare parts... missing bolts... scrap it once extended built.. or sell parts off it... does have title too...

nib plastic front euro bumper..
couple nib kamie front air spoilers...
all kinds of silly parts, mk2 golf/jetta, some b4 stuff... we could easily fill 2 pick up trucks each with own trailer... if you want to buy it all...

reason for sale... 3 years ago got liver transplant... has bankrupted him.. he is now loosing the house he has lived in since 1974... he is also wheelchair bound now.. and finally admits he will never drive again...

email me at this screen name at aol.com for the zip files.. there is 4 files... un resized photos... really big for a real monitor viewing in detail.. subject line ext caddy...

Reply #1August 27, 2012, 09:00:48 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: 78 ext caddy project.. ne ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:00:48 am »
I saw this in person. It is great. It has the 78 round headlamp grille in it. All the rust has been stopped / taken out, but there still is some patches left to put in. If you wanted to be an idiot you could weld the one rear floor in, add the front glass and engine it would drive as is. It would just look like crap. It is in such good shape, but I cannot take it on right now. If this would have been a year ago or two years from now I could do it...or if I had a heated garage I would now.

What I am saying is someone needs to get this before it goes to scrap. If I take it it will rust to nothing in the 2 years before I touch it in my back pasture. If you ever wanted a cheap extended cab pickup this is it.

Reply #2September 09, 2012, 10:45:57 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »
bump...

Reply #3September 20, 2012, 12:46:26 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:46:26 am »
bump