Author Topic: [VANCOUVER ONLY] Parts from my windsor blue AAZ jetta  (Read 4236 times)

July 31, 2012, 04:53:23 pm

Vangruver

• Junior

[VANCOUVER ONLY] Parts from my windsor blue AAZ jetta
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »
READ VERY CAREFULLY[

If you haven't had a chance to see the latest posting i've made on my windsor blue mk3 Jetta, you'd know that I got rear ended to the point where my vehicle has extensive frame damage and welds separating at the left rear strut tower.

In which case, i am going to eventually give the car up to the insurance company at a value i'm going to have to fight for.

I have to provide to them a vehicle "similar" to what they have seen during estimate, however i will pull and swap out parts from it ahead of time so that it's still in its current drivable state.

Here is a picture of my vehicle for reference purposes

Here is a list of the parts I'm willing to sell, as a lot of friends within my circle have claimed parts, and the other usable parts are going towards my next vehicle.

the detail that I do need to ad, is that I would need to have your core/current part in replacement of what i'm willing to sell so that I can give the car to the insurance company

-Rebuilt K03 Turbo, with boost valve set at 16 PSI max pressure
[turbo rebuilt less than 5000km with new seals, new wastegate actuator, new wastegate mechanism etc]
A turbo core is worth 50-60 fair market value, this turbo rebuild is worth 450, and can provide a receipt for you through ADP turbo systems in langley BC.
I would like to see 250, plus your core.

-2.5" K03 downpipe
was built through techtonics tuning years ago, previous owners had to have it custom made for their turbo and vehicle. From what they told me it costed a fair bit. I believe in the vicinity of 650-700.
the DP has been ran within the last 40k on the vehicle and it does have a welded port for an EGT probe. As this is where they wanted to have the probe placed.
I would like to see 250, plus your stock DP

-2.5" VR6 cat-less Exhaust
Exhaust to mate to the downpipe, standard 2.5" with a magnaflow dual outlet muffler [no resonator]
I would like to see 75, plus your stock exhaust

*note*

I have a black headliner and black pillars as well. that can be figured out in regards to a value if you really want them.

Reply #1July 31, 2012, 09:51:19 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
Re: [VANCOUVER ONLY] Parts from my windsor blue AAZ jetta
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:19 pm »
Back when my car was in an accident I wanted to pull some parts off it and like your company they said as long as you put back similar items it's fine. But then the nice lady on the phone said why don't you just buy the car back after? It cost me all of $100 to buy the car back. That's after they wrote me a cheque.
It might be worth asking how much to buy the car back. It will be branded.
Tyler

Reply #2August 01, 2012, 05:21:44 pm

Vangruver

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:21:44 pm »
Back when my car was in an accident I wanted to pull some parts off it and like your company they said as long as you put back similar items it's fine. But then the nice lady on the phone said why don't you just buy the car back after? It cost me all of $100 to buy the car back. That's after they wrote me a cheque.
It might be worth asking how much to buy the car back. It will be branded.

there is that option. and i have been tempted with a friend in oregon wanting to buy the entire shell with engine and all for a small fee.

but the detail surrounding that is the cost associated with transportation AND crossing the border with it.

Reply #3August 02, 2012, 01:10:48 pm

commuter boy

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:10:48 pm »
I'll take the lot, except for the headliners/pillars.  I'm in Burnaby, PM me for contact info.

Reply #4August 09, 2012, 01:05:13 pm

Vangruver

• Junior

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »
ask ICBC for an "owner retention agreement".  They will pay you the settlement for the car and then you can buy the whole car back most likely for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks for the heads up, and i was planning on an owner retention on the car, if and when ICBC decides to get back to me of course. They are taking their sweet effin time with this situation.