S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: OE Replacement coil springs  (Read 3037 times)

July 10, 2012, 07:00:19 pm

8v-of-fury

OE Replacement coil springs
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »
So I was looking on the handy dandy interwebulars, and I need some springs for the back of a 1990 Wolfsburg built Jetta. Fairly base model with the higher powered/compression 1.8L gas engine and 3spd auto.

RockAuto.com where I can find stuff and pay shipping, customs and a whole other barrage of B.S and still be like half the price of finding anything in this country (Canada).. Has them listed as different ones for cars sold in the Canadian, US and European market. Now what I am wondering is, being that the car was German built would it count as a European market? Would the Euro Spec springs be an upgrade to get over the CA or US ones?

Also anyone ever have any trouble with the KYB gas-a-just?

Reply #1July 12, 2012, 03:58:26 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

Re: OE Replacement coil springs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:58:26 pm »
afaik ALL mk2's use the same springs, if they call for different ones for euro, canada or US it's probably just different stiffnesses.

If you have a carquest auto parts they can get stuff from worldpac and shouldn't cost more that $80 for the pair.
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

Reply #2July 12, 2012, 06:46:39 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »
Yes that is exactly what I was looking for, which ones would be best to get for the stiffest hardest ride?? LOL :)

Reply #3July 13, 2012, 11:49:44 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 11:49:44 am »
So I was looking on the handy dandy interwebulars, and I need some springs for the back of a 1990 Wolfsburg built Jetta. Fairly base model with the higher powered/compression 1.8L gas engine and 3spd auto.

RockAuto.com where I can find stuff and pay shipping, customs and a whole other barrage of B.S and still be like half the price of finding anything in this country (Canada).. Has them listed as different ones for cars sold in the Canadian, US and European market. Now what I am wondering is, being that the car was German built would it count as a European market? Would the Euro Spec springs be an upgrade to get over the CA or US ones?

Also anyone ever have any trouble with the KYB gas-a-just?

i like my GR2s better than the gas-a-justs..

ive got GR2s on my GTI, and gas-a-justs on my Jetta. the jetta handles much better, but its MUCH STIFFER as well..

the GTI is the best balance of handling, and ride softness.

neither are a bad option tho.. my GR2s were under 100 bucks for 2 loaded strut assemblies..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #4July 13, 2012, 07:39:58 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »
She don't drive an mk2 Jetta for the comfort.. She wants to hug those corners and out handle those BMW's. My gf rocks. lol

S-PAutomotive.com