S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Anyone purchased and installed a peloquin on a 020?  (Read 4595 times)

Reply #15June 07, 2012, 05:52:26 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Anyone purchased and installed a peloquin on a 020?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »
the 80% kit actually ties the spider gears together so it is closer to both axles turning at the same time.

The peloquin unit when I called the guy he said was actually a "torque amplifier" and it reroutes to the wheel with the most traction. It can be used with the 80% kit, which will help it achieve both axle spin. As is the peloquin unit will not spin both tires. If you jack up one tire and put it in gear it will only spin one...this is according to the guy selling them.

Wavetrac on the other hand is what I consider LSD and will spin both if jacked up, so be careful.

Reply #16June 07, 2012, 11:21:03 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »
the 80% kit actually ties the spider gears together so it is closer to both axles turning at the same time.

The peloquin unit when I called the guy he said was actually a "torque amplifier" and it reroutes to the wheel with the most traction. It can be used with the 80% kit, which will help it achieve both axle spin. As is the peloquin unit will not spin both tires. If you jack up one tire and put it in gear it will only spin one...this is according to the guy selling them.

Wavetrac on the other hand is what I consider LSD and will spin both if jacked up, so be careful.

you need there to be resistance on BOTH tires for a LSD to work.. if one tire has absolutely NO resistance, it wont engage internals of the locker, and it will just go thru the spiders..

if you are shooting the power to it, then both tires will spin if they have any amount of traction.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #17June 10, 2012, 11:20:31 am

ToddA1

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:31 am »
The peloquin unit when I called the guy he said was actually a "torque amplifier" and it reroutes to the wheel with the most traction. It can be used with the 80% kit, which will help it achieve both axle spin. As is the peloquin unit will not spin both tires.

I'm thinking there may have been a communication error.  These things are ATB differentials, so although it transfers power, it never disconnects power to the slipping wheel.  When theres a low traction situation, both wheels will be spinning.  The Peloquin works on the same principle as the Quaifes.  Both brand differentials will spin both tires, but never equally. 

There must be some type of difference between the two, though.  I've spoken with Gary Peloquin years ago when he first mentioned using the shim kit with his diff.  Quaife has you remove the shims.

-Todd

Reply #18June 24, 2012, 05:16:46 pm

GEE-BEE

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    1981 with South African front end ,42 k original
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »
I did a custom 020 from vwtransaxles.com .

FF final on a CHD with a 3.42 r&p

ext iand int were 12 pt arp bolts

powdercoated  trans housings before install

caddy is gone and I needed this setup for my torque of my build....

The new owner loves the truck , with the custom r&p it would cruise at 85 mph and still get 47 mpg

Take care to all of you here....

GB
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:19:39 pm by GEE-BEE »
1.9 AAZ, CHD 5spd with Peloquin
KO4/KO3 Hybrid turbo
Giles Pump OHC
Complete Techtonics 2'5 S/S DP and Exhaust
Coilovers, MKII Pedal Swap,G60 BRAKES
MK1 JETTA DASH
675MM 16V radiator (MKII) PASSAT DUAL FAN
42K original miles , South African Front End
15x6 Le Casletts 195-45-15