Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: FLAT TOW HELP 89 golf mk2 whats behind the bumper cover?  (Read 4273 times)

Reply #15April 06, 2012, 11:39:25 pm

8v-of-fury

Re: FLAT TOW HELP 89 golf mk2 whats behind the bumper cover?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 11:39:25 pm »
MPI with air flow meter could be CIS or Digi, pictures would help wonders. Just because we're diesel guys doesn't mean we havent had a run in with the inferior gas engines ;). However I would start a thread in the Golf II & Jetta II on the vortex, as there will be a ton more knowledge on the gas side of things over there and way more traffic.

Reply #16April 07, 2012, 02:50:05 am

billybobf

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    89 golf 1.8 digi, 1.6 na in pieces in the shop
Re: FLAT TOW HELP 89 golf mk2 whats behind the bumper cover?
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 02:50:05 am »
it was the amazing seatbelt switch. I just put a piece of solder accross it... worked great. starts, runs drives, needs a radiator fan sensor/switch thingy, dash lights dont come on, need the bungees for the parcel tray, need new hatch peices.

OK, DASH LIGHTS, the backlight for the non functioning lcd clock comes on and the dimmer does control brightness, no dashlights though, any clues? is that LCD replaceable? the trip meter either A: sits at zero, or worse B: spins until it hits 9 and then clicks every tenth of a freaking mile! fixable? for a little while my oil light was coming on at idle, but it stopped, still comes on with engine off, still works, could this be because it sat for two years? full of GOOD looking oil, but will be doing oil change asap anyways. checking tranny fluid level and condition? OK gas specific, My check engine light, its on a momentary switch that when pushed you can test the bulb, under the hood it says "OBD exempt", also gas specific, my idle air control valve I think is sticking

otherwise Im in love with this car, smooth, powerful, doesnt knock and bang like them annoying diesels   ;D

I need a rear drivers door handle, my front passnger door lock needs help, handle too possibly. rear hatch wont lock, key just spins. I broke the battery hold down bolt clean off. we shall see what I can do with a fine tip torch and some quenching wax.

Lots more little fixed for sure! but happy with it so far