Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Leaking IP, common rail high pressure pump 2.0HDI  (Read 3663 times)

March 07, 2012, 11:58:51 am

Benjamin

• Veteran

Leaking IP, common rail high pressure pump 2.0HDI
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:58:51 am »
This post is not relevant to vw, at least i think so.
My van broke down, its a Fiat ducato with a 2.0HDI (common rail;  Citroen engine DV10)
The high pressure IP is leaking at the upper cover, its not starting anymore, i geuss thats becouse it cant build enough pressure anymore.
When the electric pump in the feul tank switch on it simply leaks trough the sealing from the upper cover from the IP.

Anyone got experience repairing those?
Is the high pressure side leaking to the low pressure side so the the sealings simply collapse?
Or is the sealing worn out becouse of the age (+-10years), or the sealing collapse becouse of the 5% biodiesel and that kind of stuff?
Should it worth to repair the sealing, or just replace the IP for another one?

Also i have a 2nd van (dont ask why, i even dont have a company:p ) its allready leaking a small bit but still runs fine.

The IP's are both bosh.
Greetz, Benjamin

SMOG alert, engine running again!
Must make +250hp

Reply #1March 15, 2012, 05:37:38 am

Benjamin

• Veteran

Re: Leaking IP, common rail high pressure pump 2.0HDI
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:38 am »
Installed a pump but no startup so far.
The electric pump feeds the high pressure pump.
But i have the idea the high pressure pump is not giving diesel to the injectorbar.
I disconnected the pipe between the pump and the injectorbar, when i try to start i dont see diesel comming out of the pump (high pressure side).
I tried starting by using the normaly starter, to make the engine spin faster i used startpilot.
What is to procedure to start an (common rail, bosch) engine up after installing a new high pressure pump.

Greetz, Benjamin
Must make +250hp

Reply #2March 17, 2012, 06:42:59 am

Benjamin

• Veteran

Re: Leaking IP, common rail high pressure pump 2.0HDI
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:42:59 am »

There are 2electric connections alltough i dont know the purpose.
Becouse i dont get the engine started i recplaced the 2 electric units with the old pump.
No progress so far. There is only 1high pressure outlet going to the common rail, from the common rail you have 4lines going to the 4 electric injectors.
I tried to bleed the system as far as i can, in the low pressure side everything is driven by an electric feulpump.
Tried starting up long time with startpilot, resetted ecu via obd2 several times after giving fault after i disconnect one of the electric lines.
I dont know what i can do anymore, one guy told me to pull the car after an other car so the engine revs up more.
Anyone can help me out for this common rail?

Greetz, Benjamin

edit:

replaced number 6 and 32.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:20:02 am by Benjamin »
Must make +250hp

Fixmyvw.com