Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Bumper assembly info.  (Read 5648 times)

Reply #30February 04, 2012, 08:05:41 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Bumper assembly info.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »
how do you want it cut out? or do you want spot welds chiseled/drilled? how much do you want, just the seat bracket, or some of the floor pan still attached?

im thinking you prolly want it as small as possible, because of shipping..

i just dont want to cut it out, and have cut it wrong for your needs, then have it be useless to us both..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #31February 04, 2012, 08:14:29 pm

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »
how do you want it cut out? or do you want spot welds chiseled/drilled? how much do you want, just the seat bracket, or some of the floor pan still attached?

i just dont want to cut it out, and have cut it wrong for your needs, then have it be useless to us both..

I am more than certain just the bracket without floor pans. You're the whiz, would it be easier to drill or chisel out? Least amount of work for you makes me (well, both of us) happy :). Shipping I won't lose sleep over, so take out the bracket without the floor pan. Will let you know more tomorrow.

Stay safe, stay well. Jimmy.
Never forget what a "Religion of Peace" did on 9/11/01.

2015 Passat TDi. 27k
1998 Jetta 1.9TTDi 228k .
2002 F250 7.3 TD   63,000 miles. Sold.
1980 Mack CF Fire Engine. Working on it.
2007 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 Cummins. Nice, but plagued with issues

Reply #32February 04, 2012, 08:20:38 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »

I am more than certain just the bracket without floor pans. You're the whiz, would it be easier to drill or chisel out? Least amount of work for you makes me (well, both of us) happy :). Shipping I won't lose sleep over, so take out the bracket without the floor pan. Will let you know more tomorrow.

i just wasnt sure if your floor pans were gone under the seat rail, or still there, thats why i asked about taking the rail with a piece of floor pan still attached..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #33February 04, 2012, 08:29:41 pm

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 08:29:41 pm »

i just wasnt sure if your floor pans were gone under the seat rail, or still there, thats why i asked about taking the rail with a piece of floor pan still attached..

I hear ya, my friend. The shop it is at now, all he mentioned was that bracket. So lets go  with that. He said the floorpan was intact for the most part, it was just the bracket. And here I was thinking I needed those plastic seat clips...lol. If you can get as much of the bracket as you can, it should suffice. Will let you know more tomorrow.

2015 Passat TDi. 27k

Reply #34February 04, 2012, 10:36:10 pm

Baron VonZeppelin

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 10:36:10 pm »
Get a picture of your damage zone and RoR can work from that.  :)

Reply #35February 08, 2012, 08:07:26 pm

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:26 pm »
We can hold off (for now). Of course I still looked on the internet and tried to find the part. And of course, no such luck (You think maybe the Europeans might have them?? ) Anyway, looks like we're (well, he is) going to fabricate a new part.

I'll keep you guys in a holding pattern if it doesn't work out. Also going to try a simple muffler with the 2.25" pipe and see how that works. Both parts were $130. Not too bad.

For the millionth time, Thanks to all for your suggestions, answers, help and offers for parts. Not on the homestretch yet, so stand fast..lol

2015 Passat TDi. 27k

S-PAutomotive.com