S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Z&S imports  (Read 2876 times)

December 17, 2011, 07:56:14 pm

jimfoo

• Veteran

• http://www.66rover.com
Z&S imports
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »
Not sure where I should post this, but does anyone know about Z&S Imports? I found their website saying they are closing their business, and selling everything, but it looks a bit old stating March 2011. I am looking for a long or short block, and they have both listed on their site, but maybe everything is sold and the site is still up.

Jim
1966 Land-Rover 88" with 1.9 1Z which has been transformed to an M-TDI
TFO35 mechanically controlled VNT, IC , and 2.5" exhaust.
Driven daily

Reply #1December 17, 2011, 08:15:47 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Z&S imports
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:15:47 pm »
Jimfoo, I have 3 aaz that are in my garage. I really don't need all of them and I only have 1 head for the trio. All are short blocks but I could take everything out since you don't need it and just ship you the block. They aren't heavy even full. I want to keep at least one and a friend of mine wanted one, so I think I should be good to get rid of one. As far as I know they are all standard bore. PM me if interested and I will give you my verizon cell number so you could call if needed.

Reply #2December 18, 2011, 05:48:38 pm

rabbid79

• Veteran

Re: Z&S imports
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:48:38 pm »
I have dealt with them personally, and have never had a problem.  I purchased a new 1.9 short block that looked great, and was shipped fast.  A new dual round Scirocco instrument cluster that really was new, and a VW remanufactured AAB engine that really was VW remanufactured.  The two engines I bought through eBay, and the instrument cluster i bought outright.

It's true that they have been "going out of business" for a while.  I think they (Vic and Alex) sold the business to some guy last year, and as part of the deal they gave him their eBay user name too.  I haven't dealt with them since the new guy took ownership.  But as long as you buy stuff through eBay, you should be protected.  However, this is not an endorsement, and you should exercise caution.

I drove down to their facility to pick up the AAB, and they had tons of stuff in there.  Cages and cages full of engine parts.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:50:47 pm by rabbid79 »
'15 WRX
Parts for 2.0 TD build - Now looking for suitable car to put it in.

S-PAutomotive.com