Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: .  (Read 4942 times)

Reply #15November 08, 2011, 12:44:12 pm

Toby

• Veteran

Re: Presale: 10 VNT turbo mounts for MK2
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 12:44:12 pm »
MIG welders are dangerous because people who do not know how to weld, stick things together with then and can't understand why they break. Anyone who actually knows how to weld can look at the pictures and see that they are FUBAR, The problem is hobbyists often CAN'T. classic example of insufficient penetration and trying to weld dirty material, or perhaps badly contaminated wire.

Certainly you can wire feed 1/4" plate; They wirefeed bridges and skyscrapers these days, BUT ther is a world of difference between dip transfer and spray transfer. You probably can't get spray transfer with such low amperages, so a novice often gets very weak low pen welds like we see in the pictures. The Miller he says he used is more than capable of welding the mount. HE is not, being a hobbyist. Nothing that can't be cured. of course. Anyone who owns a MIG welder should take some classes so they know how to use it correctly and know what it is capable of and NOT capable of.

Reply #16November 08, 2011, 07:23:48 pm

fatmobile

• Veteran

• http://www.geocities.com/vwfatmobile/
Re: .
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 07:23:48 pm »
Hey Toby,
 I appreciate your comments.
 I guess he didn't ask for comments but anyone trying to do a group buy on a first production run should have.
 It'll help to make the product better.
Tornado red, '91 Golf 4 door,
with a re-ringed, '84 quantum, turbo diesel, MD block

Reply #17November 08, 2011, 09:08:44 pm

Toby

• Veteran

Re: Presale: 10 VNT turbo mounts for MK2
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »
Buy a mount or not, but either way STFU already.  Clear as mud??

Sorry, I did not know you were the List Police. Normally when I guy tries to tell me that up is down, I try to educated him. Ot tell to go F&#k himself. I thought I was take the nicer approach.

Reply #18November 08, 2011, 09:14:04 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: .
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:04 pm »
I offered you to buy one. And if you could break it *in a car not with a cutoff saw* that I would ship you a new one made to your spec.
It is at that point you should have shut your mouth and taken the deal OR shut your mouth.

You have made a bunch of uneducated claims that did nothing for this thread. I have "been trained" buy a customer of mine. I can weld. I guess my male organ isn't small enough to beat my chest over the internet to show others how right I am. To each his own.
I am done here as you can't fix stupid.

S-PAutomotive.com