Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: just how ghetto.. that ghetto!  (Read 5094 times)

Reply #15October 30, 2011, 07:07:13 pm

DieselBalz

• Veteran

Re: just how ghetto.. that ghetto!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:13 pm »
For me its M16A2 reports and the blades of a CH-53E breaking the sound barrier constantly just a few feet above my head. So louder is better, I can hear it.

Reply #16October 31, 2011, 12:06:02 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 12:06:02 am »
Well boys, I think I just figured out who can and who can't love a diesel sound.  Only those of us who feel it more than hear it.

Reply #17October 31, 2011, 12:07:28 am

8v-of-fury

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:28 am »
Starters and alternators are cheap and plentiful to replace..

For you guys in warm climates, you don't know what we deal with!  >:( LOL -40f is damn tough to start anything in...

Reply #18October 31, 2011, 01:26:58 am

vanagonturbo

• Veteran

• Fine Tuning
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 01:26:58 am »
Wait. That battery and two extra cables weigh 100lbs+ ???? Or was it the addition of the 70lb relay that totals 100lbs+?

Reply #19October 31, 2011, 04:20:12 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 04:20:12 am »
Wait. That battery and two extra cables weigh 100lbs+ ???? Or was it the addition of the 70lb relay that totals 100lbs+?

how much does a battery that big weigh in at? 80 lbs i would imagine atleast. and the one in the stock spot looks bigger than a factory size too..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #20October 31, 2011, 02:44:42 pm

wdkingery

• Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »
I don't hear well either .. its a sad thing, and i do all i can to protect my hearing now; hell i even wear ear muffs just to do a tire rotation now a days .. :(
my claim to deaf was 4 12'' subwoofers in a 1993 integra for a few years.. and miscellaneous chain saws, drunken gun shots and other things with pistons and minimal exhaust  :'(

hehehehe

it has been working out for me thus far! great time cranking with glow plugs now.
turned the fuel screw up a bit at the same time and i think that's gonna hurt me.. turnin that back down on wednesday.
can't wait till summer comes back maybe i get those rings replaced.
until then it's F- TWO FITTY TIME! hahahaha the 100 pound lead-acid corner carver :)

Reply #21October 31, 2011, 02:53:16 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
I don't hear well either .. its a sad thing, and i do all i can to protect my hearing now; hell i even wear ear muffs just to do a tire rotation now a days .. :(
my claim to deaf was 4 12'' subwoofers in a 1993 integra for a few years.. and miscellaneous chain saws, drunken gun shots and other things with pistons and minimal exhaust  :'(

hehehehe

it has been working out for me thus far! great time cranking with glow plugs now.
turned the fuel screw up a bit at the same time and i think that's gonna hurt me.. turnin that back down on wednesday.
can't wait till summer comes back maybe i get those rings replaced.
until then it's F- TWO FITTY TIME! hahahaha the 100 pound lead-acid corner carver :)

wait, its a mk2, i guess it wont be that bad, prolly be like driving a VR swapped mk2 with stock mk2 suspension.. except without the VR power.. i thought this was a mk1 for some reason. and a mk1 with that much weight up front, it could get dangerous.. might start doing nose wheelies..

god, i will never forget the first time i did a stoppie in my black rabbit. rear end of the car was off the ground a good foot or so.. i only had a n/a, and one battery in the nose of the car.

but i had no rear interior, and i dont think that helped any..

as for my hearing, i have had atleast two 12" woofers in every vehicle ive ever had except my single cab toyota..

right now, i got 100lbs of monster 13.5" sub in the trunk of my golf.. listen to the stereo for 5-10 mins turned up loud, and you are RINGIN..

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #22October 31, 2011, 03:03:31 pm

wdkingery

• Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 03:03:31 pm »
god, i will never forget the first time i did a stoppie in my black rabbit. rear end of the car was off the ground a good foot or so.. i only had a n/a, and one battery in the nose of the car.
is that really possible? good God!
must not have been on stock 13's!

right now, i got 100lbs of monster 13.5" sub in the trunk of my golf.. listen to the stereo for 5-10 mins turned up loud, and you are RINGIN..

hahahaha wow who makes a freakin 13 and a half? i bet it's one of those 500 dollar pieces that does make a shton of racket..
i only listen to AM now; no more subs for me

Reply #23October 31, 2011, 03:15:17 pm

guy plain

• Junior

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »
well the extra batt in the front could help with drive traction if it snows there lol

Reply #24October 31, 2011, 03:42:36 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 03:42:36 pm »
is that really possible? good God!
must not have been on stock 13's!

hahahaha wow who makes a freakin 13 and a half? i bet it's one of those 500 dollar pieces that does make a shton of racket..
i only listen to AM now; no more subs for me

its a JL audio 13W7.. JL's flagship subwoofer. its kinda like a corvette, its an industry standard now, but by all means, not the best, there are bigger, better things out there, but for the money, you cant really go wrong. ive never heard another SINGLE sub that is as clean at re-producing music, than this thing is, and ive owned a GRIP of different subs and stereo combos in my day. hands down, this sub takes the cake..

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=40&country=US

its on sale even, $1199.95.. got mine WAY cheaper.. about 75% off retail.

and it doesnt make racket.. it reproduces bass better than alot of subs out there..

it hits the DEEP bass like a 15", but also sounds tight up top like a 10" woofer.. it really is awesome. ive thrown some serious musicality to it, and it never skipps a beat. just reproduces the sound amazingly, and asks for more.

if you feel it necessary to have that much bass, then a DUB7 is the way to go..

only bad thing is, you need an uprated charging system to run one, lol..