Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Feeler: My 84 Wabbit..  (Read 6744 times)

Reply #15August 29, 2011, 08:23:47 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Feeler: My 84 Wabbit..
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 08:23:47 pm »
it doesnt even need a trans, ill include the GC 4 speed thats in it right now.

i pulled the original 4A trans LONG AGO because it was starting to leak.. im keeping the 4A tho, because it has a .71 4th gear.

car only needs an engine. and i mean a whole engine. im dropping the engine out, and keeping it whole, well, as complete as needed to install in a mk2..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #16August 29, 2011, 08:25:38 pm

CdnVWJunkie

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:38 pm »
OK, I am asking my wife IF I can have a second. 

You know brother, it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission  ;D

Reply #17August 30, 2011, 02:54:36 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 02:54:36 pm »
OK, I am asking my wife IF I can have a second.  I will let you know kev.  If all it needs is an engine and trans to make it go then I may have time for that now that my daily driver is nearing the paint stage.

i REALLY want you to buy this thing from me.. i have since put it on vortex, and ive had plenty of interest, but most of them want it for parts..

IF I WANTED THE CAR PARTED, I WOULD DO IT MYSELF!! lol..

like i said, this car needs someone to love it.. not destroy it. if i cant find someone that wants it for a car, and not parts, then i may very well just push it under a tree, and forget about it like the other VWs i have out back..

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #18August 31, 2011, 12:23:19 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23:19 am »

You know brother, it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission  ;D
[/quote]

After 30 years together I know my wife better than to try that little trick.  I bring it home and she will push it off the cliff into the canyon and I will never get an engine into it.  Still working on it R.O.R  Perhaps putting it outback with a tarp on it is best for now. 

I am headed to Idaho this weekend to paint my project and will have more bargaining power when I come home with it mostly done.  I am also working on a buddy to let me house it on his place while I gather parts.  He is liking my ride and currently owns a newer Golf but wants to go the retro route and get into a diesel so give me a little time.  How much do you think it weighs without the engine?  I may be able to tow it with a Ranger PU I also own.   

Reply #19August 31, 2011, 03:43:33 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 03:43:33 pm »

After 30 years together I know my wife better than to try that little trick.  I bring it home and she will push it off the cliff into the canyon and I will never get an engine into it.  Still working on it R.O.R  Perhaps putting it outback with a tarp on it is best for now. 

I am headed to Idaho this weekend to paint my project and will have more bargaining power when I come home with it mostly done.  I am also working on a buddy to let me house it on his place while I gather parts.  He is liking my ride and currently owns a newer Golf but wants to go the retro route and get into a diesel so give me a little time.  How much do you think it weighs without the engine?  I may be able to tow it with a Ranger PU I also own.   
[/quote]

im strapped for time.. if it takes too long, its probably gonna go back to the kid i bought it from.. the county says i have too many cars already..

Reply #20August 31, 2011, 11:38:26 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »
a ranger PU could pull it with motor, but it probably only weighs 2-300 lbs less the motor.

Reply #21September 01, 2011, 01:12:40 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:40 am »
somebodys gonna have to figure something out.. i dont want to scrap such a nice shell, but i will if nobody wants it.. because i DO NOT love mk1s like i used to..

come on, somebody give this car a home! i dont wanna see it parted out or scrapped..

Reply #22September 01, 2011, 01:11:01 pm

damac

• Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:01 pm »
i wonder how much it would cost to ship one of these to california
1985 turbo diesel jetta

Reply #23September 01, 2011, 02:20:18 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 02:20:18 pm »
I am pushing on my storage person right now.  The big problem I see is that I will be headed the other direction for over a week and to come get this thing will take time.  Has the county impossed a time to haul or we will and charge you type of sentence on you?

Can you move it around with the others and hide it for a bit?

Finally the most important piece of information is the cost.  You can PM me with that if you would rather do that.

Reply #24September 04, 2011, 09:35:12 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
My 84 Wabbit.. no longer for sale, sorry guys..
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 09:35:12 pm »
so, i got some goodies for my rabbit this weekend..

and im not selling it anymore.. its staying whole, and getting upgrades  ;)

going outside to start the 5 speed swap right now  ;)

my love for the car has been re-kindled a bit, and im really looking forward to pimping out my rabbit  ;D

now, what to do about the horrid mk1 suspension??? i guess im going to have to start a build thread for the car now!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:38:51 pm by R.O.R-2.0 »

Reply #25September 05, 2011, 11:19:28 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 11:19:28 am »
so how did you get passed the County asking you to remove some of your cars?  Or was it just the ones that didn't run that had to go?

Reply #26September 05, 2011, 07:37:04 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:04 pm »
well, i was going to pull the engine, and transplant it to my jetta.. but now im just leaving the rabbit how it is. nobody was showing much interest anyways, everyone just wanted to part it out, and that would be a SHAME. now im not pulling the engine for the jetta. now that the engine is staying in the car, the county cant say jack squat about it..

they only complain about cars that dont run, and are not under cover..

in my county, if you have 2 vehicles, uncovered, that do not run, your property is considered a junk yard, and then they say that you need all the permits for it, or else have the cars in a building.

yes, if you have storage, you can have AS MANY CARS AS YOU WANT, running or not.. and not have to have junk yard permits.

the county doesnt seem to be too concerned about my 6 cars right now, i kept them busy with other, more important things, like properties with 30+ cars that havent moved in 30+ years..  ;)

Reply #27September 06, 2011, 12:17:30 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 12:17:30 am »
In as much as I wanted to take this off your hands the plan had to involve another and his property.  That didn't work and I am loosing out big time.  But I know where it is and may come looking for it after my baby gets finished.

Reply #28September 06, 2011, 03:35:24 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 03:35:24 am »
In as much as I wanted to take this off your hands the plan had to involve another and his property.  That didn't work and I am loosing out big time.  But I know where it is and may come looking for it after my baby gets finished.

only thing i have that you may come looking for, is that header.. lol  ;)

im keeping the rabbit now, and just gonna fix it up the little bit that it needs, throw a new suspension under it, and clean it all up. may even throw a proper exhaust under it. you can have the entire exhaust off my car if you decide to pick up that header i got.. its set up for the header, and hangs from original VW bracketry.

Reply #29September 07, 2011, 12:25:00 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:00 am »
Thanks man,  will look into it once the paint seals up, the grill and seals come in and I can find a bit of time.  Probably need to swing your way on my way down south some weekend and compare cars.  This is all the farther we got last night and today I worked on building the 10 by 20 temporary spray booth.  Got the bugger up and mostly wrapped with plastic then needed to go for dinner.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j475/Orcoaster/IMG_0202.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j475/Orcoaster/IMG_0204.jpg

Never painted in 95 degrees and low humidity before.  Paint almost dried before it hit the car.  Way to weird.

S-PAutomotive.com