Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: I almost forgot. Dead Ford Mustang.  (Read 3081 times)

July 28, 2011, 09:28:11 pm

trav1856

• Junior

I almost forgot. Dead Ford Mustang.
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:28:11 pm »
So last weekend, my father and I took a trip to Sedalia, MO to visit his friend.

We drove for 6 hours and are driving thru Sedalia proper, and had to stop at the last light in town going north.

This kid in a Mustang was at the light with us (it sounded like a 302 with a stroker), rev'd his engine a lil' and and when the light turned green, Pops just kind of drove like normal. Well the kid decides he wants to try to speed up and make dad slow down before the road merges....Dad wasn't havin' it.....

So we're driving a 2003 Dodge Cummins with the muffler cut out, a K&N filter, and a Quadzilla "economy" chip......

Neck and neck.....the kid stomps it....dad just keeps on driving....

....still running neck and neck.....

....the kid downshifts....winds his motor WAY up.....starts to pull forward...but only for 1/2 a second....then Dad stomps it and we pull away, and I look over and smile at the kid and he kind of laughed...

....but then as we pulled ahead of him, his smile turned to shock.

We were pulling a cattle trailer.

....true story, G-d as my witness.

1981 Rabbit Diesel
1981 Cabriolet

Reply #1July 28, 2011, 11:14:47 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
Re: I almost forgot. Dead Ford Mustang.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:14:47 pm »
With lawn moo'ers inside or no? Either way  ;D
Tyler

Reply #2July 31, 2011, 04:25:41 pm

dodger21

• Junior

Re: I almost forgot. Dead Ford Mustang.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »
Moved my bro this weekend 2hrs away. On the highway I am driving his TDI with injectors and Evrymod following his old bosses rig which was a 1999 F350 dually crew pulling a loaded 24ft enclosed car trailer. He sold his boss his SCT programmer when he sold his truck and bought the car. Boss had the 40hp tune and a 4 position he got off of Ebay. In OD with the chip set high and on, the converter will slip even when locked. This little Cobalt SS come flying outta no where and I move over and slow him down to 55mph. Called my brother and told him what I did. I move back behind the truck and watch as the Cobalt tried to get around the truck. I couldn't get my camera on soon enough, I was laughing too hard. My bro let out when the trans temps hit 220*... At 120mph...
1985 Golf 1.6NA with a 5spd

S-PAutomotive.com