S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: gutted vacuum pump  (Read 2651 times)

January 28, 2006, 02:04:07 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

gutted vacuum pump
« on: January 28, 2006, 02:04:07 am »
idont wanna jack around,,iwas gonna remove the vanes from the vacuum pump,cause idont need it,,but looking at the design,,maythis possiblycause an oil psi loss,,cause the oilcomes up thru center+has to be forced past the vanes to get to the drain in the bottom of the housing,,,,oh this onan ahu tdi,,similar vacuum pump  on the a2's on up,,,anyone else done this??? got the engine installed tonite,,now is the hard part,,hookin all up,,got the driveshafts in ,,damn,that 80 %  kit is tight,, i couldnt break it loose tryin tohold tires while layin under car,,ireally wanted to know if the turbodrain cleared the driveshaft,,,yea,,like 1/4 inch,sweet,,,             iwas worried cause  i plugged the orig turbo drain  in block,and installed a bulkhead  fitting in pan an -10,,,why dump oil on a spinning crank :?   :D

Throttle cables ftw

Reply #1January 28, 2006, 06:36:44 am

therabbittree

• Veteran

gutted vacuum pump
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 06:36:44 am »
you blake may be find a 2.0L 16v distributer block off ..it has ahydraulic lifter looking thing in there to press down on the oil pump drive gear..i mention a 2.0L as i think the tdis have the bigger distributer/ vacuum pump hole same as a 2.0L 16v... did you install the tdi engine?....hehe sweet. Brian and i worked on teh caddy for the last 2 days ..i had the last 5 days off spent 3 days cleaning the garge and then 2 1/2 on teh truck..i have oil pressure 80 psi at start and 25 when hot idling, 75 when reved and hot..i checked teh bearing last night  that look mint.. so no worries there..gotta love synthetic.. i plan to work soem more on it this week and putt in back on the raod asap..need to finish modding that other 4bt pump with the vw govenor and disabling the fuel electrical shut off solnoid and usuing teh cable fuel; shut off heheh..
later
deo

Reply #2January 28, 2006, 01:56:14 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

gutted vacuum pump
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:56:14 pm »
yea man,,its in there,, i got it in last nite,,,driveshafts hooked up,,,,,maybe ill see onstartup,if ihave a pressure drop,,if so,ill lreinstall  the pumpvanes,,,,,,im not too worried about having the pump body there,,,,gutted is easier  than spending money i dont have anyways,,,l
Throttle cables ftw

S-PAutomotive.com