Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

TDI swap, not sure which IP to use.

(1/2) > >>

mullenba:
I'm doing a TDI swap into a Vanagon, and I'm not sure how to handle the Injection Pump.  I want to go mTDI and I have a ALH engine already.

I have an older injection pump, marked 068 130 110N which has an LDA and so appears to be a turbo injection pump, and also the stock pump which came with the engine.  Can I use the old pump, or do I need to combine them into a hybrid?

Thanks

mullenba:
Guess I'll reply to my own post...  It looks like my older pump is likely from an ecodiesel or something.  I may be in trouble to come up with a working solution.  I may have to ebay them both and look for a 4bt pump or something.

8v-of-fury:
I have just read up on this particular idea, the M-TDI that is.

The older (i'm guessing 1.6 TD??) pump will not be a direct swap.. unfortunately. ALSO I did not read the swap on to ALH's.. I read about AHU's.. but the aaz pump seems the best for them.

rallydiesel:
You can put an AAZ pump on the ALH engine and get it to run but it will run at a fraction of the stock performance. Basically, it will be a slug. The pump needs to be modified extensively to get an mtdi that runs at stock levels.

vanagonturbo:

--- Quote from: rallydiesel on July 11, 2011, 10:14:01 pm ---You can put an AAZ pump on the ALH engine and get it to run but it will run at a fraction of the stock performance. Basically, it will be a slug. The pump needs to be modified extensively to get an mtdi that runs at stock levels.

--- End quote ---

THIS! ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version