S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: gti sway bars on a jetta?  (Read 2813 times)

January 25, 2006, 04:09:55 pm

devinkb

gti sway bars on a jetta?
« on: January 25, 2006, 04:09:55 pm »
hi everyone
I'm wondering about putting gti sway bars on my 86 jetta.  not sure if the jetta even has mounts for that type of thing..  I'm really only interested in the rear bar.
tanks!

Reply #1January 26, 2006, 11:44:31 pm

moosiah

• Junior

sway bars
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 11:44:31 pm »
Hi   I have sirroco sway bars on my frankenbunny....... On a A1 , check the rear beam for slots an' holes to mount the stock rear bar.  it uses a clamp that slips a tang in a slot on top w a bolt thru the bottom to lock the rubber bushing in place that holds the front of the bar. the ends of the bar are held in another rubber block. the clamp for the rear is a odd setup. it has a wedge that slides over the ends of the band and is hard to start ,and has to be banged into place to lock down ......... and to unlock.....  after market bars may be different!!! the stock front bar uses little 'U' bolts to hold the ends to the A arms and special A arm rear bushing holders w a extention for the sway bar piviot blocks............ Some A1 cars have a interfearance prob w fuel lines running right where the extention needs to sit up tight to the body.............   the rear bar will make the biggest differance ....... once you see one it will all make sense..... :) I got mine at pican'pul for $20 front an' rear!  I like pican'pul......... :D
'81 Frankenbunny: part rabbit, sirroco, golf ,caddy cabrio ,jedda and ! ford teimpo! w a little more Audi and soon some Peogeot too!!!!

Reply #2January 30, 2006, 12:38:56 am

devinkb

gti sway bars on a jetta?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:38:56 am »
thanks for the info moosiah, i'll get under a few cars at the yard and under my own.. cheers