Author Topic: AAZ Valve Seals - help needed  (Read 2197 times)

May 26, 2011, 09:10:55 am

ein bora

• Veteran

AAZ Valve Seals - help needed
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:10:55 am »

I am having a problem buying the proper valve seals for my aaz. I have tried different manufacturers and keep getting ones that will not fit over the guides. I read on here someplace that the tdi uses the larger diameter seals - I ordered them and still get the smaller diameter ones. From what I can see there are two different sizes 7 and 8 mm but they both seem not to work.
I have like 30 or so of the wrong seals - just asking for a measly 8 of the right ones. :'(

Can some please tell me where I can buy the right ones, or the proper part number. Or even better yet if someone has a set - can I buy them.
Thanks.

If you can't take advice - then you can't be helped!

Reply #1May 26, 2011, 09:48:32 am

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

Re: AAZ Valve Seals - help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:48:32 am »

I am having a problem buying the proper valve seals for my aaz. I have tried different manufacturers and keep getting ones that will not fit over the guides. I read on here someplace that the tdi uses the larger diameter seals - I ordered them and still get the smaller diameter ones. From what I can see there are two different sizes 7 and 8 mm but they both seem not to work.
I have like 30 or so of the wrong seals - just asking for a measly 8 of the right ones. :'(

Can some please tell me where I can buy the right ones, or the proper part number. Or even better yet if someone has a set - can I buy them.
Thanks.

Officially the 8mm ones are correct.
 The smaller ones are for the 16 valve setup. If they are a snug fit on the valve then they are correct.
The diameter of the valve sleeve should be 8mm.
Note they are not a finger tip push fit.
Use a 10mm or possibly 11mm 12 point socket, 3/8 or 1/2" drive to push them on.[check suitability by proffering a seal up to the socket, and it must pass the seal part and reach the chamfer. Very easy to 'spring' the coil spring off otherwise...

Mark-The-Miser-UK

"There's nothing like driving past a bonfire and then realising; its my car on fire!"

I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee: drive a Quantum TD
 ...The best work-horse after the cart...

Reply #2May 26, 2011, 11:28:40 am

ein bora

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:28:40 am »
Here's a picture of what I mean. And yes I can get the 8mm ones on, but not without somewhat distorting them.

Reply #3May 26, 2011, 01:27:59 pm

Thezorn

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 01:27:59 pm »
Here's a picture of what I mean. And yes I can get the 8mm ones on, but not without somewhat distorting them.

Yea they are gunna be the 8mm ones. I have some spares I can try and get a part number off of if I can find them.
Compounded 93 AAZ

Reply #4May 26, 2011, 04:08:39 pm

ein bora

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »

Yea they are gunna be the 8mm ones. I have some spares I can try and get a part number off of if I can find them.

The numbers on mine are ELRING 1315, they also have Franco ERO on them.
I have checked the Elring site but I am not able to cross reference them.

Reply #5May 27, 2011, 04:29:45 am

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 04:29:45 am »
8mm ones are 026 109 675 [required]
7mm ones are 027 109 675

Remember, these fit tight enough that you will likely destroy them removing them; if for instance you forget the lower spring disc...
Mark-The-Miser-UK

"There's nothing like driving past a bonfire and then realising; its my car on fire!"

I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee: drive a Quantum TD
 ...The best work-horse after the cart...

Reply #6May 27, 2011, 08:24:05 am

Alcaid

• Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:05 am »
Remember, these fit tight enough that you will likely destroy them removing them; if for instance you forget the lower spring disc...[/color]

I learned that the hard way....  ::)
'03 VW Golf PD130 4Motion Highline
'10 VW Passat 1.6TDI Highline
'83 VW Jetta 1.6TD, 11mm pump, H-beam rods, girdle, fully reworked AAZ head +++ Going Compound ;)

S-PAutomotive.com