Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 81 1.6na jetta diesel coupe... ne ohio $1500  (Read 3450 times)

May 22, 2011, 12:16:35 am

CRSMP5

81 1.6na jetta diesel coupe... ne ohio $1500
« on: May 22, 2011, 12:16:35 am »
http://www.crsmp5.com/81_coupe/81_coupe.htm is a place with lots of photos and descriptions..

the good.. rebuilt 1.6 na that runs strong and has started every cold day this past winter..
new front brakes..
200mm 90 jetta rear brakes

if you need a pos cheap car to drive this is it.. why lock the doors.. nothing in it to steal..

rear parcel shelf has never been cut.. probally worth more then the car..

i do nto have to sell it.. just see no reason to keep it.. so might aws well sell it to add stuff to BURNT TOAST

Reply #1May 22, 2011, 12:41:32 am

DieselBalz

• Veteran

Re: 81 1.6na jetta diesel coupe... ne ohio $1500
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:41:32 am »
How bad is the rust? Looks like there are a few spots from the pics, but how is the underside. Also, is the roll cage welded or bolted in?

Reply #2May 22, 2011, 02:54:07 am

Quantum TD

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:54:07 am »
I like the historical plates. Looks like the car is about to become history within the next 2 years  ;D

Reply #3May 22, 2011, 04:00:35 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »
rear is welded.. front is bolted incase dash has to come out..

needs a bottom clip.. :D its got 2-3 seasons IMO.. i always intended to find a cabby and build a real coupe targa from the roof of this.. kinda like eurojettanut's wagon project but the other way.. aka move trunk over back seat area

the worst rust is the right rear axel point.. its flaking.. no cracks.. but it is rust waiting for the right set of rr tracks or big pot hole.. is it rusted thru.. no no hole.. but a big flake of rust has fallen off..

the rockers have gotten worse.. not a place to jack this from.. only suspention points for that..

hey now those historical plates are great... 25$ 1 time fee for life... i pay my yearly road use taxes on my b3.. can only drive 1 at a time.. why pay same tax 2x..

burnt toast project got set commin.. :D

besides the rear parcel shelf being uncut... the windshield is the ORIGINAL with goofy epa break in sticker still on it.. i did replace the seal when i put it together originally.. it does leak once in a while.. right at the top in the middle.. the rain drop seems to fall right on your knee

this is my 4th summer with it... have run 3 winters.. its the perfect example  of why lock it there is...

i still need to rekey it.. so will do you a favor.. ill key it to your other vw so they share a key.. :D my key fits all mine.. so easier to rekey this vs the others.. else ill key it to the toaster key/ignition... ill even teach you how too if you have never seen it done..

Reply #4May 22, 2011, 04:09:32 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »
rear is welded.. front is bolted incase dash has to come out..

needs a bottom clip.. :D its got 2-3 seasons IMO.. i always intended to find a cabby and build a real coupe targa from the roof of this.. kinda like eurojettanut's wagon project but the other way.. aka move trunk over back seat area

the worst rust is the right rear axel point.. its flaking.. no cracks.. but it is rust waiting for the right set of rr tracks or big pot hole.. is it rusted thru.. no no hole.. but a big flake of rust has fallen off..

the rockers have gotten worse.. not a place to jack this from.. only suspention points for that..

hey now those historical plates are great... 25$ 1 time fee for life... i pay my yearly road use taxes on my b3.. can only drive 1 at a time.. why pay same tax 2x..

burnt toast project got set commin.. :D

besides the rear parcel shelf being uncut... the windshield is the ORIGINAL with goofy epa break in sticker still on it.. i did replace the seal when i put it together originally.. it does leak once in a while.. right at the top in the middle.. the rain drop seems to fall right on your knee

this is my 4th summer with it... have run 3 winters.. its the perfect example  of why lock it there is...

i still need to rekey it.. so will do you a favor.. ill key it to your other vw so they share a key.. :D my key fits all mine.. so easier to rekey this vs the others.. else ill key it to the toaster key/ignition... ill even teach you how too if you have never seen it done..

i love how easy it is to re-key a VW car.. i re-key all my cars with a file.. just slip said key in lock cylinder, and then file the tumblers down flush like they are supposed to be. then 2 keys work with the car.. the original, and the key you changed it to..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #5May 22, 2011, 11:44:47 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 11:44:47 pm »
no i have a assortment to do it right...

ignition is ignition...

glovebox is glovebox.. that one is hardest as the piece that fits the key had many different style blanks.. and 1 out of 10 seems to fit..

doors/trunk share..

ive got a ignition to put in it.. just need to redo doors/trunk.. unless buyer wants to use his key..

Fixmyvw.com