S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Witnessed a Dodge Ram start/finish a runaway.. not sure witch tho!  (Read 2901 times)

May 11, 2011, 01:54:30 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
so, i was at the coffee shop, and i hear this cummins drive by, and it sounded like it was running away, not the typical high RPM crap, but it was shaking pretty violently, and POURING SMOKE from the pipe, even at what would have been idle. but it was running so terrible that it couldnt get much above an idle.. BOY DID IT POUR SOME SMOKE.. couldnt get up to highway speed even..

the thing sounded TERRIBLE.. like it was running on 2.5 cylinders, and it sounded like the other 3.5 cylinders were full of something other than air and fuel..

anyways, i watched him go a lil ways, then the smoke quit, and he coasted into a parking lot. he cranked a few times, got some smoke coming out the tail pipe, but never did hear him bring that engine back to life.. it was still sitting there when i went home last night too. broken..

92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #1May 11, 2011, 02:06:15 pm

bajacalal

Re: Witnessed a Dodge Ram start/finish a runaway.. not sure witch tho!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 02:06:15 pm »
What generation Dodge was it?

Reply #2May 11, 2011, 02:09:47 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: Witnessed a Dodge Ram start/finish a runaway.. not sure witch tho!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 02:09:47 pm »
What generation Dodge was it?

tail end of the 5.9/beginning of the 6.7 style.. im gonna venture a guess that it was a 6.7
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Fixmyvw.com