Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Pressure hoses for AAZ?  (Read 2739 times)

March 03, 2011, 08:39:43 pm

Squidbait

• User+

Pressure hoses for AAZ?
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I'm new.

I'm looking to replace the hose on my '96 that runs from the aneroid to the turbo, and the hose on the turbo that runs to (I believe) the wastegate. 

The hose from the aneroid is likely original.  It's strung pretty tight, and is resting on the CCV tube on top of the valve cover.  The mesh has been melted off where it contacts the tube, and the hose inside doesn't look to good either.  The hose on the turbo (that I'm assuming is actuating the wastegate) is pretty stiff, and looks a little cracked at the end I can see.

My question is: where do I get appropriate tube for this?  I asked a couple of general parts shops, and the best they could suggest was $10/foot fuel injector hose, or custom silicone tubing.

Knowing many of you are masters of the frugal repair, I'm assuming (hoping) you can suggest a better (cheaper) source.  I'm guessing if I go to the stealership it's going to cost.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Reply #1March 05, 2011, 03:00:05 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
Re: Pressure hoses for AAZ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:00:05 am »
you can get injector return line (which will fit all those fittings if it is what i think you're talking about) for $6/meter at germanautoparts.com
its rated for diesel/oil/gasoline. braided sheathing and everything.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #2March 05, 2011, 09:07:04 am

Squidbait

• User+

Re: Pressure hoses for AAZ?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:07:04 am »
Thanks Eddy,

Unfortunately they have a $50 minimum for foreign shipping.  I don't need that much hose!  :o

If I can't find a more local source, I'll give them a shot and see what other goodies I might need to bring the order up.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Fixmyvw.com