Author Topic: Dash idea  (Read 6068 times)

Reply #15July 23, 2011, 12:31:07 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Dash idea
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:31:07 am »
I like it.  Makes my set up pale in comparison.  

Guess I need to add some more.  Have to have something to watch the road is so boring!

I also noticed a couple pull tabs up there.  Cold start and dead mans throttle?  That is what I did for a cheap cruise on mine.  My foot just weenies out on me at times and I need a way to give it a break.  Without stopping.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:33:37 am by ORCoaster »

Reply #16July 23, 2011, 12:40:48 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 12:40:48 am »
well my pull tabs are heat/defrost, temp... then 4 way toggle, blower fan, 2 speeds.. headlight.. fog light.. wired in rear fog light switch.. but not found a sutable light yet.. and dome..

the push button is washers.. could not mk estock one work no way no how..

the red wire hanging doown on the upper left is horn..

3 cig lighters under radio.. 1 hot all time, 1 hot with radio when key in hole.. and other hot with key on..

still trying to figure out what to do with cruize on mine.. dead man cable been thought of.. but need a way to unhook it if brakes applied..

Reply #17July 23, 2011, 01:34:02 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 01:34:02 am »
My throttle cable just pushes in and returns the throttle to idle.  I have to have my foot on the go pedal and then I just take up the travel with the stiff cable.  It is tight enough to hold the engine RPMs at the point of setting but if I hit a hill I can gain or loose speed.

Seems to be enough to give the foot a rest.

That MOMO wheel looks plenty worn.  Should do another push button for the horn as it would be faster than grounding out the wire when cut off in traffic.

Safety first man.

Reply #18July 23, 2011, 09:29:04 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 09:29:04 am »

I should get a pic of it in the car...still need a cupholder

Reply #19July 23, 2011, 12:13:33 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 12:13:33 pm »
you pull said wire.. like a semi...

one of the po's did this...

i just had to wire it properly to a relay aka im using it as a ground on the relay..

one day ill find the chain i wan to use.. i would really like to find some of the old chain that vw used in their dealer installed cruize for the pedal switches.. then ill replace the wire with that.. besides that.. the po really did a nice job in building the switch.. stuff is welded/reinforced..

the momo... its from my 84 coupe.. i picked it up used from a jy in 91 from a 86 golf for $35.. it was plenty worn then.. has not got better.. so ive run it for 20 years now.. i found a matching one for my 1.6td b3 wagon.. but untill i find either another one for not rediculous $ or a wooden one with polished center.. at which point toaster keeps it, ill run it forever.. ive run way over 300k with it.. still got the wolfburg horn button.. just keep it off so i rember to pull the red wire..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:20:01 pm by CRSMP5 »

Reply #20July 23, 2011, 02:17:48 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 02:17:48 pm »
I like it.  Makes my set up pale in comparison.  

Guess I need to add some more.  Have to have something to watch the road is so boring!

I also noticed a couple pull tabs up there.  Cold start and dead mans throttle?  That is what I did for a cheap cruise on mine.  My foot just weenies out on me at times and I need a way to give it a break.  Without stopping.

dont you hate the blue & white interior scheme? my first rabbit had that interior, i hated it.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #21July 24, 2011, 01:52:39 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:39 am »
The flash kind of brightened it up a bit as it is actually a gray and blue interior.  Over to the right is a good match for what is really there.  The carpet is gray as well and so are the seats but I run covers on them because I do a lot of work on the car then just jump in and go.  So greasy pants wouldn't do well on the light gray seats.

I am going to paint this car this summer if all goes well.  I am not sure what way to go with the color schemes.  Blue and gray inside with silver outside.  I was thinking of splitting the lower portion of the car with blue, maybe something bright like DCStewards Caddy.  and just redo the silver on the top.  Just throw more metalic on it.  What do you think? 

Reply #22July 25, 2011, 03:02:52 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 03:02:52 am »
trust me, it was blue and WHITE factory.. my car is blue and brown now pretty much..

jess had a hell of a time finding white window cranks..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #23July 25, 2011, 03:37:10 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »
I just installed some black ones because I couldn't find any chrome ones. 

Fixmyvw.com