S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need ideas for a clutch on a 91 TD motor  (Read 4106 times)

Reply #15January 07, 2012, 08:36:18 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Need ideas for a clutch on a 91 TD motor
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 08:36:18 am »
I have a Luk set in my jetta now. 210mm full setup for a 95 jetta aaz engine, but it is in the 1.6 that blew up in the jetta of mine. I like it. It has stock feel and the wife could drive it.

I had the clutchnet*still do as they redid my PP* 6 puck sprung hub 210mm in. It wasn't chattery at all. It would just do nothing and then you were moving. Almost a complete on off switch. If you gave it any pedal at take off then it was on/off switch. I drove it like a tractor and just let it idle and let the clutch out. My wife drove it once and couldn't get it. She ripped the front engine mount apart.

I don't think it matters what engine for 2 pins I thought it was more about generation. I thought the 1 pin type was MK3 and under that was the 2 pin type.

Reply #16January 07, 2012, 08:57:22 am

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 08:57:22 am »
I have a Luk set in my jetta now. 210mm full setup for a 95 jetta aaz engine, but it is in the 1.6 that blew up in the jetta of mine. I like it. It has stock feel and the wife could drive it.

I had the clutchnet*still do as they redid my PP* 6 puck sprung hub 210mm in. It wasn't chattery at all. It would just do nothing and then you were moving. Almost a complete on off switch. If you gave it any pedal at take off then it was on/off switch. I drove it like a tractor and just let it idle and let the clutch out. My wife drove it once and couldn't get it. She ripped the front engine mount apart.

I don't think it matters what engine for 2 pins I thought it was more about generation. I thought the 1 pin type was MK3 and under that was the 2 pin type.

country of origin has to do with the amount of pins..

mexico = 1 pin

everything else = 2 pins
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #17January 07, 2012, 09:01:59 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 09:01:59 am »
The aaz flywheel that I have I don't believe to be mexican and it is 1 pin. There was a W cast into it and no mex or mexico or anything close to that.
Either way the clutch is different for the 2 or 1 pin setup.

Fixmyvw.com