S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Smokey white on one of my project rabbits..  (Read 3286 times)

December 05, 2010, 07:25:22 pm

wolf_walker

• Veteran

Smokey white on one of my project rabbits..
« on: December 05, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »
Have this ole 82 Rabbit I picked up awhile ago, has a 107A pump from a 1.5 (I think) on it.  Thing runs pretty good, started right up after two glows after sitting for a year, and it was pretty cold today.  Question is, white smoke, unburned fuel, slight bit at idle, LOT when you blip the throttle, not too much but some on steady unloaded RPM.  Pump is unknown history, I put a front seal in it, was leaking profusely, timed it at .95 or so.  I've never had one billow fuel smoke like this, thoughts?  It runs fine otherwise and I'd tend to think it's essentially OK since it started up without much drama from sitting so long.

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two

Reply #1December 08, 2010, 11:47:11 pm

RajendirSharma

Re: Smokey white on one of my project rabbits..
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »
You will need to adjust the valves.  I has a smiliar issue with my mark I Rabbit diesel.  To adjust the valves, you will need shims after determining appropriate valve lash. 

Reply #2December 09, 2010, 12:17:43 am

wolf_walker

• Veteran

Re: Smokey white on one of my project rabbits..
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 12:17:43 am »
I've adjusted valves on some of the other 1.6's and such, but not this one.  They wear tighter usually, I don't usually associate fuel smoke with that though?
Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become ignorant.
Mentat Text Two

Fixmyvw.com