Author Topic: Twin plenum design questions? - Now finished 1Y based manifold  (Read 19594 times)

Reply #45September 28, 2011, 02:55:51 pm

Bugsy_malone 666

• Junior

Re: Twin plenum design questions? - Now finished 1Y based manifold
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »
I wanted to bump this topic as it kind of died off, I was wondering what software was used to generate the manifold and testing of airflow through it? The other curious question I have when generating a model like that is that based on natural air flow through it or a pressurised design?

The final thing on that model is do you have dimensions of it to build one?

I was also wondering, this slot in the manifold and general dimensions of building a dual plenum manifold, how do you calculate the sizes you need?

Reply #46September 28, 2011, 06:52:18 pm

regcheeseman

• Veteran

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 06:52:18 pm »
how do you calculate the sizes you need?

you ask around, get a whole bunch of conflicting answers and then just do what you were going to do in the first place.  ;)

Reply #47September 29, 2011, 06:43:50 pm

Bugsy_malone 666

• Junior

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 06:43:50 pm »
how do you calculate the sizes you need?

you ask around, get a whole bunch of conflicting answers and then just do what you were going to do in the first place.  ;)

:lol: aint that the truth some times!

I mean I just figured I would work out the area of each inlet runner to the port (as they are circular on the inlet I am using) add all the areas together then divide that area by the approx length I want my slot which will then give me the height. I mean I just wondered if there was much more science behind it than that. I'm sure there are some answers on the internet somewhere.

S-PAutomotive.com