Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: AHU Turbo wanted. Might turn '98 Jetta FS  (Read 3138 times)

September 29, 2010, 11:34:50 pm

one_tinted_tail

• User+

• http://www.CMLUA.com & www.hourofthetime.com
AHU Turbo wanted. Might turn '98 Jetta FS
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:34:50 pm »
Finally got to look at a late 97 build (98) Jetta TDI my friend picked up here in the Poconos.

After fixing a few vacuum issues and poorly secured conections, its starts and runs(idles) fine.

Problem is, hold the pedal down and it barely rev's past 3k RPM. From how the ECU was mounted (wasnt) I thought maybe it got damp and the MAP sensor had issues or the hose being routed wrong was pinched or clogged, but nope.. Pulled the intake off and found the compressor wheel binding, F'K..

Sooo, anybody have a turbo? cheap? '98 AHU, Turbo. This is the novel piece of engineering that incorporates the turbine side into the Exh.Mani. so its the whole shabang unless someones got a cracked EM from which I can swap the CHRA.

Also, looking at option's if theres BTDT going big turbo. I might have a lead on a K04 setup. I've done odd stuff before like flipping manifolds and mocking up flanges or fluid lines but would like to hear of others' experience with a factory oriented upgrade.

If these options don't pan out, he may wind up selling a car thats good otherwise if someone wants to send some offers..

Thanks!
-Brian

My mother named me Brian;

Ive owned many VAG cars but currently have it narrowed down to my 'UrSula' a '95 Audi S6 (dahlback RS2'd & then some) and 'Henryetta' an '85 Jetta TD whose peppy on the veg and is as pretty as her name.

Fixmyvw.com