Author Topic: ebay  (Read 3361 times)

December 19, 2005, 10:01:04 am

DieselMonkey

• Junior

ebay
« on: December 19, 2005, 10:01:04 am »
Anyone have any bad experiences buying vehicles or parts on eBay ?

DM

Reply #1December 21, 2005, 07:06:37 pm

52 horses

Re: ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 07:06:37 pm »
Quote from: "DieselMonkey"
Anyone have any bad experiences buying vehicles or parts on eBay ?

DM

The only thing I have ever purchased on flea-bay is the center caps for my passat 14" rims and they arrived no problem....

Here is a pic....

Reply #2December 21, 2005, 07:21:00 pm

vwmike

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

ebay
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:21:00 pm »
I've had relatively few problems on ebay. I've bought all kinds of crap over the years.

Reply #3December 21, 2005, 08:51:04 pm

Master ACiD

• Veteran

ebay
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 08:51:04 pm »
i mainly sell things on ebay however i buy alot of things off ebay too because for the most part, you can get some really, really good deals.  i have a feedback rating of over 230.   the only problems i have had were problems with stupid people. just dont be stupid and you wont have problems, unless you run into someone else who is stupid.

stick to the rules. dont try and cheat. dont be stupid, everything will be ok.

if you are really concerned about buying something, post up the link and i or someone else will tell you what we think of the deal and the sellers reputation.

Reply #4December 22, 2005, 07:23:54 am

Laurentian

ebay
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 07:23:54 am »
We buy lots of tooling and machinery on ebay.
Never really had any problems but find it easier to deal with companies than individuals. Can say that so far all transactions went well.
But I did have a very bad experience buying parts for my Toy4X4 on another board, even got the moderators involved but to to avail, the seller never sent the parts, did not get them ready or anything.
In retrospect I will not trust anyone again just because of their job or social standing ( seller was a veteran fireman with lots of credentials under his belt , FEMA , 911, Punta Gorda fire dept. Fla. )
The guy was totally arrogant and treated me like I was nothing, even followed up the next day after I made a purchasing decision to see if I had sent the money out yet.
I am a sore loser and must say that this episode hurt my work, life, happiness, etc. I let it go but was truly a humbling experience.
A friend of mine summed it up well, we all get taken at least once in life.
Be careful! 750.00 was invloved.
Hugh

Reply #5December 23, 2005, 02:40:44 pm

mainer

• Junior

ebay
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 02:40:44 pm »
Most people on ebay arn't trying to screw you. But ther're many out there that will take your money and run. I've got a feed back score around 600 and have never had a problem with ebay or the people on it(knock on wood). I did buy a bike on yahoo auctions and never recived it, but yahoo refunded all but 25 of my money back. Just check the guy out, post a link and let us look at it, get his # and call him, ask him tons of questions, ask for more pics. I've sold 3 cars on ebay, all for more money than I would have gotten around here, But I called and talked to all 3 people for a long time. It helps to get to know the people. Only one buyer came to look at the car, My jetta went to Kansas and I delivered it to vermont for the peorson, and my toyota pickup went just 40 minutes away and the guy never came to look at it or anything. They were all very happy with them. I wouldn't buy a car with out looking at it but that is your choice.

COop
08 Duramax
12 Sportwagen TDi

Fixmyvw.com