Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Isuzu I-Mark diesel  (Read 64029 times)

Reply #210April 18, 2011, 01:56:39 am

truckinwagen

• Veteran

Re: Isuzu I-Mark diesel
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2011, 01:56:39 am »
well, the water i still too much for the motor.
even under a hard pull at 1100*(which takes a HUGE cloud of smoke to achieve) the motor will start to bog down after a few seconds.

I think this is because being NA there is no heat in the intake for the water to absorb, so it is taking a bunch of heat away from the flame front and extinguishing it.

so the water/meth will wait for the upcoming forced induction
high EGT are really not a big issue right now, I get more smoke than I like to trail around long before EGT gets out of control, and the car will easily run out of road before I hit 1100* anyway.

hoping that the nitrous will help in the power department, not for all the time, but I would like to lay the smack down on a few people...

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #211April 18, 2011, 02:33:57 am

81 vw pu

« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:57 am »
Glad to see you got your nitrous system installed. What size jet are you running?
I've found a few good uses for nitrous in daily driving, my favorite is for the guy that cuts you off. A little shot to pass then turn off switch,
 and lay down some smoke, turn switch back on and wait for them to pull out to pass!!! ;D

Reply #212April 18, 2011, 02:38:21 am

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2011, 02:38:21 am »
not sure what size jet I will run, starting with a .040 for testing.

gonna try to keep myself under control(read switch off) for daily driving, but at the local weekly GTG it will be On Like Donkey Kong!

I'll keep you all posted with the results

P.S.
also hoping the nitrous will let the car brake the tires loose on the brake for a burnout.

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #213April 18, 2011, 03:15:11 am

81 vw pu

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2011, 03:15:11 am »
According to some of the jet calculators I've seen online a .040 jet is just shy of 75 hp.
I started with a .024=25hp then went to a .028=35hp and am currently running a .032=50hp.
These are real general hp figures as every one's tune is different.
Be sure to get some pics of the burnout.

Reply #214April 18, 2011, 12:14:23 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »
not sure what size jet I will run, starting with a .040 for testing.

gonna try to keep myself under control(read switch off) for daily driving, but at the local weekly GTG it will be On Like Donkey Kong!

I'll keep you all posted with the results

P.S.
also hoping the nitrous will let the car brake the tires loose on the brake for a burnout.

-Owen

i would start with a smaller jet than that.. my engine had nitrous knock with an 032 jet..
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #215April 18, 2011, 12:53:02 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »
from all the reading I have done it looks like too much nitrous on a diesel is not an issue.
it will just consume all the nitrous it can and the rest will just go out the exhaust(which can cause a nitrous backfire, but thats only any trouble if you have a turbo)

I am gonna tune to still have some smoke on the spray, so I am sure all the nitrous is being used.

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #216April 18, 2011, 01:23:16 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »
from all the reading I have done it looks like too much nitrous on a diesel is not an issue.
it will just consume all the nitrous it can and the rest will just go out the exhaust(which can cause a nitrous backfire, but thats only any trouble if you have a turbo)

I am gonna tune to still have some smoke on the spray, so I am sure all the nitrous is being used.

-Owen

may not be an issue on a diesel, but there is no reason to start with such a big jet, and waste it.. and trust me, your engine will start making weird noises when you have too much nitrous going to it. it will start popping, and knocking like its detonating.. may not damage it, but they are un-pleasant noises..

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #217April 18, 2011, 03:08:02 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2011, 03:08:02 pm »
Yeah, I'm gonna back the jet off a bit. Just found out that nitrous is $9 per pound up here...
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #218April 18, 2011, 03:31:28 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »
Yeah, I'm gonna back the jet off a bit. Just found out that nitrous is $9 per pound up here...

HOLY CRAP! and i thought it was rape @ 5$/#

Reply #219April 19, 2011, 01:54:40 am

81 vw pu

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2011, 01:54:40 am »
Still $5 a lb here, but I get 56 lb bottles from a welding shop for about $3 a lb.
Had to buy the first bottle full for about $300 and just trade empty for full. Last 1 was $160 out the door.
You can gravity flow if you freeze little bottle and heat mother bottle, just need a -4an line and a adapter for mother bottle.

Reply #220April 19, 2011, 01:55:51 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »
Still $5 a lb here, but I get 56 lb bottles from a welding shop for about $3 a lb.
Had to buy the first bottle full for about $300 and just trade empty for full. Last 1 was $160 out the door.
You can gravity flow if you freeze little bottle and heat mother bottle, just need a -4an line and a adapter for mother bottle.

then i will probably be going this route.. my dad gets GOOD DEALS on gas at the industrial supply store here.. basically the same procedure to refill nitrous as it is to re-fill a propane tank huh? (the little green ones) how would you go about heating a big bottle tho? wrap an electric blanket around it? lol..

Reply #221April 19, 2011, 03:50:25 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2011, 03:50:25 pm »
I might to the same when I go to my new place, where I will have space for it.

do the big bottles have siphon tubes in them too?(so you get liquid and not gas pulled into the little bottle)

have to figure out a way to get big bottles without a pickup though...

still waiting on my bottle to be filled, the shop I dropped it off at didn't realize they only had 3LB in their big bottle, and are still waiting for a new one to be delivered.

-Owen
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

Reply #222April 19, 2011, 04:14:30 pm

81 vw pu

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2011, 04:14:30 pm »

then i will probably be going this route.. my dad gets GOOD DEALS on gas at the industrial supply store here.. basically the same procedure to refill nitrous as it is to re-fill a propane tank huh? (the little green ones) how would you go about heating a big bottle tho? wrap an electric blanket around it? lol..
Electric blanket, set outside in the sun, hairdryer, torpedo heater, heated shop, whatever is most convenient and least expensive.

Reply #223April 19, 2011, 04:32:47 pm

81 vw pu

« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »

do the big bottles have siphon tubes in them too?(so you get liquid and not gas pulled into the little bottle)

still waiting on my bottle to be filled, the shop I dropped it off at didn't realize they only had 3LB in their big bottle, and are still waiting for a new one to be delivered.

-Owen

I have not had one with a siphon tube in it yet. I was told the bottles with siphon tubes have a white line down the side.
The ones I get have to be inverted to work, picked up a stand for cheap that screws on bottle threads.

Reply #224April 19, 2011, 04:45:57 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

-Owen

I have not had one with a siphon tube in it yet. I was told the bottles with siphon tubes have a white line down the side.
The ones I get have to be inverted to work, picked up a stand for cheap that screws on bottle threads.

i bet thats a handy lil stand.. and a great way of attaching it too..

Fixmyvw.com