Author Topic: jetta code 1248  (Read 2038 times)

May 19, 2010, 01:40:01 am

lee250

jetta code 1248
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:40:01 am »
my jetta, 2000, had code 1248 come on. When driving if you let of the gas for a second or two then step on it again it just seems like it wants to die and even seems like its downshifting as you slow down and starts blowing ALOT of smoke and one time it slowed down so much i had to pull off the road and come to a complete stop then it ran fine but still blew out the extra smoke for a while. Other than when this happens it runs great. I just did the timing belt and it was running great till the car bottomed out and smashed the oil pan so it sat for atleast a month, probably more, waiting on a new pan, I live in hawaii and there was problems getting the pan. Then after the pan was done now all of a sudden it does this. The car runs excellent and boosts good and has lots of power but it still has a problem after you let off the gas for a second or 2 and then step on it again. it does this uphill or downhill. It does have a hard time starting now. I changed the fuel filter today and test drove it and same problem. When it does it though if you shift into neutral and rev it a couple times then put it back in gear its fine till you start slowing again. It only does it slowing down, or coasting with foot off the pedal.

Reply #1May 19, 2010, 06:48:16 am

catlin_cava

• Veteran

Re: jetta code 1248
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:16 am »
The Code stands for "Wide Open Throttle Enrichment Two-way Valve -N54", I'm not an expert in TDIs but I'm thinking maybe that valve is going.
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

S-PAutomotive.com