Author Topic: FS 81 VW Pickup-Caddy Diesel !<<SOLD>>  (Read 3779 times)

April 01, 2010, 01:29:21 am

2strokesmoke

FS 81 VW Pickup-Caddy Diesel !<<SOLD>>
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:21 am »
 Hi, <<<SOLD>>>
I'm  selling,one of my VW diesel Caddy Pickups. I have spent about a year,working on the other truck and It's still no where near completion. (due to my limited play $$$ and very limited time)
The truck I'm selling is an 81 original 1.6NA with 5 speed-No a/c,No p/s. It appears to be a base model truck.
I would like to sell the truck-WITHOUT THE ENGINE, with the plans of having a complete spare engine ,to rebuild for my other truck.(will need it before next winter)
But I may consider selling it with the engine,if I get a good enough offer. The engine will run,It had a Timing belt that skipped 2 teeth. I took the belt off,to find it also needed front seals,but haven't had the time to finish it up,just yet.
The Body is in very nice condition,with No dents,an awsome Black metallic paint,which the PO did himself (he use to own a body shop) He had removed everything (doors,hood,tailgate,cap,mouldings,lights,grill,ect) when he repainted the truck. It was originally silver-in fact..only the engine compartment is still silver. The one thing he obviously didn't remove ,was the windsheild..and it now has rust bubbles around the winsheild. It also has a small rust spot on drivers side pillar (at seam) just rearward of the d/s door and one small spot on P/S rear wheel well flare. The interior(in my opinion) is shot. It really degrades the whole truck,and needs to be redone.
The bed has 2 small rust spots and the floor pans have some rust. All glass is good. I would consider this to be a restoration project,with a nice body to start with. The truck is located in eastern Long Island NY 11950 and you are welcome to see it on the weekends,if you like. I don't know much more about the truck,as I didn't get started with the repairs,but I will answer any questions,if I can. Please feel free to send an offer.
I paid $1300 for the truck,but don't expect to get that,If I sell without the engine.My plans were to black out the bumpers and trim around windows on the cap-I think it would look sharp !
Attached is a link to photobucket,to view all the picks
http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy93/mowerman101/Black%20VW%20pickup/
I would take $800 for the truck,without the engine.
Thanks,Mike
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:31:14 am by 2strokesmoke »

Reply #1May 01, 2010, 03:58:57 pm

catlin_cava

• Veteran

Re: FS 81 VW Pickup-Caddy Diesel !
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:57 pm »
too bad you live in NY, I have AAZs coming through my place all the time lol.
Catlin

2012 VW Golf 2.5 5speed Deep Black Pearl
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI Bosch .216mm injectors and Malone stage 2, soon 11mm pump and vnt 22(parked for the winter)
2010 VW Golf City 2.0L "Hers"

Reply #2May 16, 2010, 12:43:53 pm

2strokesmoke

Re: FS 81 VW Pickup-Caddy Diesel !
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:43:53 pm »
Price lowered to $800,for a sweet looking truck !