Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: IC mounting idea.  (Read 1876 times)

March 12, 2010, 04:42:09 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
IC mounting idea.
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:42:09 pm »
With wanting to run FMIC and A/C I have been thinking of what to do and how. I want to have a good sized heat exchanger, but with room and hanging it could be a real issue. I have an idea though, but I don't know if it will work with just regular carbon steel for IC piping. Basically I was thinking of either cutting and welding steel IC pipes to the core support or making another core support with its basic structure being IC tubing. Putting the IC way up front and keeping it held there with its own pipes/silicone. I also have a peice of expanded steel that I could make a custom grill and powder coat it. What do you all think?

Reply #1March 12, 2010, 05:01:35 pm

macka

• Veteran

Re: IC mounting idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 05:01:35 pm »
Well having the IC hang from the IC tubing would be counterproductive for heat exchange. The heat from the IC would transfer to the tubing lowering the efficiency because the tubing would be litterally attached to the hot IC. I think I am making sense.
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

Reply #2March 12, 2010, 05:12:06 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: IC mounting idea.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »
I was thinking still to attach the IC to the tubes with the silicone and clamps so it wouldn't be solid to the IC. I hadn't thought of what you are saying, I will start giving it a thought now.

Fixmyvw.com