Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: turbo diesel VOLKSYOTA/TOYWAGEN  (Read 4238 times)

February 20, 2010, 02:32:55 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
turbo diesel VOLKSYOTA/TOYWAGEN
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:32:55 am »
Not really sure if this belongs here, but here goes.  I have in my posession a 01' toyota mr2 spyder "a project from another time that never saw fruition"  I was going to build it up into a very cool eye catching ride, but things change, and my best friend needed a new engine for his, so I swapped him, one perfectly good engine for one ....... well, let's just say it was in rough shape.  Shortly after I was the proud owner of an 80' rabbit diesel and I joined the forums here.  I searched for more "a noble quest" and discovered the franken engine ;D I have too many cars, I think to myself good car? bad engine? bad car? good engine? spyder+aaz frankenmotor=??? hmmmmmm.  I have a thread just for the engine build, and now I need one for the swap.  I know you all have thought of it, "an MR turbo diesel, how sweet would that be?" so I am actually doing it.  I already have a post on spyderchat.com for support from the experts on that end.

the engine build thread is here:

http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=22148.0

I have come a looong way, and truly want to see this through to completion, so I only post this to see what you all think and for some much needed support and advice.

thanks,

Kevin

dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
you know, decarbonated beer is a better coolant than the stuff you buy at the auto store, and is better for you...... really
"If the boost were to rise then the throttle would remain in the wide-open throttle position, which might be fun, but probably not for long"Libbypapa

Reply #1February 20, 2010, 12:29:56 pm

the caveman

• Veteran

Re: turbo diesel VOLKSYOTA/TOYWAGEN
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »
In october 1981 i put my 1971 super beetle in the garage supposedly just to replace the pistons and redo all the brakes. Well after tearing it all apart , including taking the body off the chassis and flipping it on it's side ,sitting on the rear seats to fix/weld the rockers. it finally emerged 15 1/2 years later ! There was times where i would just go into the garage and stare at it while asking myself wtf have i done and i'll never finish. Well i figured i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i never finished it, so i forced myself to get in there and do anything, no matter how small. any chance i had . I finished it and after resolving some engine build issues [ not enough compression for the cam i had and defective brand new carburetors ] i still have it and love it to death. I will never sell it after all the effort i put in and am proud as heck about it.
" I'm a vegetarian,not because i love animals, it's because i hate plants"
1970 Type 3 fastback
1972 Renault 12
1971 Super Beetle 140 HP 159 ft lbs
1987 Fox
1989 TD Jetta
1990 Fox
1989 Fox
1998 TDI Jetta
1990 T3 German MIL Transporter 1.9 na Giles super pump
1997 Jetta GLX TDI

Reply #2May 31, 2010, 11:40:06 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:40:06 am »
I now have a new tranny, all I need is to have a custom driveline made and put the mounts in.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
you know, decarbonated beer is a better coolant than the stuff you buy at the auto store, and is better for you...... really
"If the boost were to rise then the throttle would remain in the wide-open throttle position, which might be fun, but probably not for long"Libbypapa

Reply #3June 01, 2010, 11:58:07 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:58:07 pm »
so this is close to being a reality then huh? You actually built this thing as intended? to handle the gobs of power it will produce? RIGHT ON

Reply #4June 02, 2010, 01:11:04 am

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:11:04 am »
well the engine is still a the machinist, so .... NO.  But I fully intend to have It all done by before I leave for Afghan.  Anyone want to come test her out is more than welcome to visit. 8)
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #5May 10, 2011, 05:05:50 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 05:05:50 pm »
still working on this guys, still on top of it, will be back from Afghan in about two more weeks and allow a week for debriefing and training.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #6May 11, 2011, 03:49:41 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:49:41 pm »
still working on this guys, still on top of it, will be back from Afghan in about two more weeks and allow a week for debriefing and training.

Cool :)
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

Reply #7May 21, 2011, 02:42:03 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »
I am extremely excited about this.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #8May 21, 2011, 02:53:33 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 02:53:33 pm »
have you even started a build yet? its been like, oh, 2 years now?
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #9May 21, 2011, 05:20:03 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 05:20:03 pm »
have you "blah blah blah" yet? *mockingly* so sorry, some of us are a bit busy, kids, wife, battleofthebuilds, school, work, training for war, war in Afghanistan, I am sure with a similar schedule you would find the time, just call me lazy, thats easier, "or just lazy" however you see it. ;)
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #10May 22, 2011, 01:29:11 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 01:29:11 pm »
have you "blah blah blah" yet? *mockingly* so sorry, some of us are a bit busy, kids, wife, battleofthebuilds, school, work, training for war, war in Afghanistan, I am sure with a similar schedule you would find the time, just call me lazy, thats easier, "or just lazy" however you see it. ;)

the war over seas is the biggest waste of time and money i have ever laid eyes on.. plain and simple. bush started it so he could pad his fkn pockets.. so dont get me started there.. bush needs to be put in prison. what he did in his 8 years was a crime.. he ran the country into the GROUND..

wasnt battle of the builds going on like 2 years ago, when the mrtd project came to light?

if i wanted to call you lazy, i would have said, hey, get off your ass and build something, quit being lazy.

i know that you have a life, and are deployed, but still.. it was a serious question.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #11May 22, 2011, 02:07:07 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 02:07:07 pm »
I am not allowed to have an opinion about much , signed that away in the fine print, I just follow orders here, botb, was just this past year ended in oct, just in time for me to deploy "too bad too, cause I mised the party in SEMA" Not angry at you per-se, just mad that I can't do more myself, sorry if I projected some hostilities at you ROR :-[  I still love you in a completely heterosexual kind of way.
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #12May 22, 2011, 02:10:53 pm

Dakotakid

• Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »
Just focus on coming back home safely, Kevin. That is paramount to us all.
The $hitting car will still be there when you return.
The mask and the shot(s) are actually an IQ test. If you are wearing or circulating, you just failed the test. I can't feel sorry for you.

Reply #13May 22, 2011, 07:09:33 pm

NintendoKD

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    dnahtasinoivilboeraweb
    • myspace page
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 07:09:33 pm »
thanks, LOL
dnahtasinoivilboeraweb

Reply #14May 27, 2011, 09:11:31 pm

Pat Dolan

• Junior

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »
Kevin:

Just want to thank you for your service, & wish you a safe return.  Please don't let your guard down or lose sight of the objective until you are back in the West.  BTW:  our SIL's younger bro left last week to do his turn, following in big bro's footsteps so we can understand their feelings as well. 

Really looking forward to seeing your Mr2 project get back on track.
lifetime VW enthusiast, racer, fixer, addict, etc.
'03 TDI Variant, MkII Golf Country, Mk1 and II Scirocco (gassers), a Vanagon aircooled, an Audi 2.0 TD waiting to become a Porsche TD (in my M471 924), FLD120/DDEC IV, Ford 7.3/450, Iveco D220 and some 6D14T Mitsus and a few more.