S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Glow Plugs for N/A Isuzu in a tractor..  (Read 3387 times)

February 15, 2010, 02:00:14 am

maxfax

• Veteran

Glow Plugs for N/A Isuzu in a tractor..
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:00:14 am »
The machine in question here is a 1980 model 2-45 White 4x4 Tractor..  Essentially it's a rebadged version of the Japanese Iseki T5000EF..   And it needs glow plugs  :(   Unfortunately White Farm Equipment has been bought out/merged/split up a few dozen times in the past 3 decades and the dealers aren't much help..

After much web hunting I passed this on to my parts guru and to my horror he came up with nothing for the application as well ..He and I both did find listings for the engine, but they were all for 24 volt systems..  This particular tractor is 12 volt..  ::)     From what I am gathering, most of the industrial variety of Isuzu engines were 24 volt everywhere except North America..  Kinda gets me wondering if this could have anything to do with why these particular engines were hard starting from new...

So this is what I know so far.. It's sporting an Isuzu 2.8L NA DI diesel.. Engine number is 4BA1.. I'm not sure if it is any relation to the 2.8 (4jB1) used in the trooper but I do know it is similar to the 3.6L used in the Isuzu cab over trucks which happen to use the same engine as this tractor's big brother, the White 2-62..

I don;t have any numbers off the old glow plug other than "10.5V" but I do have dimensions..  Anyone have an old Trooper or Cabover glow plug to compare??  

Dimensions are in the pic below

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:39:53 am by maxfax »

Reply #1February 19, 2010, 04:46:59 pm

CorsaCruiser

• My stuff
Re: Glow Plugs for N/A Isuzu in a tractor..
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:46:59 pm »
Looks like the plugs that are found in the isuzu 4EC1, 4EE1, T4EC1 and T4EE1 engines.
(found in : Various Isuzu's, Vauxhalls and Opels)
These are available in 5Volt(-'88) and 11Volt('88-), the 11 volt version should do the trick.

Check out ebay.com or ebay.co.uk, be sure to get some quality items, cheap ones are crap.

Reply #2February 21, 2010, 01:05:38 am

maxfax

• Veteran

Re: Glow Plugs for N/A Isuzu in a tractor..
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:05:38 am »
Hot damn that's the ticket!!! THANK YOU CorsaCruiser!!! 

I've ordered several different GP's in that we thought may fit, including ones that were listed for a 1983 4BA1 engine and 12volt system. but no luck..  Apparently there was a cylinder head redesign in '83 ish to bump compression and help with the starting problems

I took the Bosch number from the 4ec1 listing and bam I'm golden!!   For future reference if anyone has one of these things the Bosch part number is GPI-013

Thanks again!!!