Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Nasty vibration - Passenger side  (Read 5049 times)

November 12, 2005, 02:05:34 pm

A Guy

Nasty vibration - Passenger side
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:05:34 pm »
:(
I now have an audible vibration that is coming from the front passenger side of the golf.  It's starts at about 50km/h all the way to 120.  If I put in the clutch while driving and rev the engine the vibration stays.  It seems to be due to rolling as opposed to engiine.  I rotated the tires as that was the easiest thing to do in the dark.  Drove it.  Still vibrates.  While it was lifted I pulled on top and bottom of the tire.  There was no movement.  Side to side there was a little play on the passenger side.  I think that is a bearing but I need to confirm before I got and start taking the thing apart.    Hopefully someone can confirm this saturday before I leave the city and head back into the stick where there is no internet.  

Thanks for the help with the rad I'll post my work beg. of next week.  
Out!
Greg

Reply #1December 09, 2005, 01:28:29 pm

A Guy

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 01:28:29 pm »
Wow.
Been a while since I 've nbeen able to get back here.  I fixed the prob.  It was the bearing.  I was a little cheezed off when I first gaot a look at it and realized I would have to press it out.   :(

Aside from haveing to replace a good tie rod end in the process and being out a hair and a half on my steering it's all good.  :D   That vibrations gone now i hear other things. :cry:
I guess it's time to put in a radio.   :P   Hopefully Santa will make a stop this year.  
Out!
Greg

Reply #2December 09, 2005, 01:41:26 pm

malone

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Malone Tuning Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 01:41:26 pm »
Good to hear you've solved the vibration issue.. :) and thanks for posting your solution here for other readers in the future who may find it helpful.

Cheers,
http://www.tunezilla.com
93 Eurovan AHU TDI
96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI - I bought it back!
97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L 1Z TDI - sold and missed
11 Golf 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Stage 4
14 Golf Wagon 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Sold
17 BMW 328d wagon - Sold
09 BMW 335d 3.0L

S-PAutomotive.com