S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: where do you get caliper slide pin bushings for a a1 caliper  (Read 3141 times)

November 11, 2005, 09:35:47 pm

Master ACiD

• Veteran

where do you get caliper slide pin bushings for a a1 caliper
« on: November 11, 2005, 09:35:47 pm »
im rebuilding my front calipers with a hydraulic repair kit and while i am doing this i notice my slider pins are asticking so i take them apart to discover the slider pin bushings are worn out.

i need some slide pin bushings, and if they make any other part that im missing other than the the slider pins, like a boot to seal out the weather or somthing...  i know other calipers off other brands of cars use a rubber boot to seal out water from the slider pin area. do out vws not have these?

does anyone know where to buy these parts or am i stuck buying a new caliper?

i tried some online stores and local places. no one has any slider pin parts.

Reply #1November 11, 2005, 11:39:07 pm

mortskeg

• Junior

• http://www.vwcaddy.com
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 11:39:07 pm »
Hi Master ACiD,
I replaced my pin bushings and rubber boots within the last year on my '81 pickup with the girling type calipers IIRC.  The rubber boot more or less sticks into the hole and the teflonish bushing is actually just a rectangle shaped deal rolled into a tube (it has a cut down the middle).  I think I got these at Halsey import in Portland, OR and they weren't too expensive either.  If you continue to have a hard time finding them let me know and I'll check if they can get them.

Hope this helps.

Reply #2November 11, 2005, 11:45:23 pm

Master ACiD

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:45:23 pm »
cool, i thought there was suppose to be rubber boots.

ill keep looking and i appreciate the offer.

thanks.

Fixmyvw.com