Author Topic: will this setup work?  (Read 3448 times)

January 11, 2010, 11:05:42 am

jvang

will this setup work?
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:05:42 am »
Hi all

first I will try my best.. but in Denmark we dont speak english, so please be understanding : )

I have read soooo many post and FAQ post, what a wonderful site... thx all. But it is so hard and time consuming to read all of them, but i have tried and was suddenly afraid that my setuo was not going to work : /

I starting a mTDI project for my volkswagen T25 syncro and instead of the boring 1,6TD I will try the more exciting route...

I have a complete 1Z engine. this is my plan :

use my 1Z engine with a mTDI pump.

- use a AAZ pump housing
- install the 1Z high pressure housing with the 10 mm plunger, but still use the original AAZ camplate!
- install a SB tophousing with the SB boostpin and the adjustabel top!

I havnt made any other changes to the pump, will it be possible to make drivable?

plz give me a hint and better solution are velcome!

Thank you very much!
jesper

Reply #1January 12, 2010, 06:21:47 pm

oldskool rich

• Veteran

Re: will this setup work?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:21:47 pm »
your idea will probly work but wont be very good, AAZ cam plate is designed for a differnt type of injection, so you would need a TDI cam plate but then that wont work with the rest of the pump, other people might be able to tell you why but ive just learned from trying it. your best bet is to retro fit a pump from a MTDI that already exists, a few people have made them out of AAZ pumps but its more trouble than its worth as far as im concerned. you have to extend the govener arm and mess about with springs from what ive heard, not to mention you can probly find a pump with an 11mm pump piston on an standard pump off sumthing else that will more or less bolt straight on

T25 syncro is an amazing machine, good luck dude

f6squared I.D.S.T

Reply #2January 13, 2010, 01:03:29 am

jvang

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:29 am »
Hi

thank your for your answer...

first I dont need to make alot of hp, then the tranny will give up... what Im looking for is at 80-90hp and torque and a reliable engine compaired to the original 1,6TD JX engine.

I can easily put a TDI camplate in, but as you say it will be nessesary to do alot af customwork to springs and governer arms... ( but I thougt it was to gain all possible power, hp).

the idea with the AAZ camplate was to make it less agressiv and maybe eliminate some of the customwork!

But again... I could try it and find out, but as you say... mayde alot of trouble for nothing!

any suggestions from other persons???

Jesper

Reply #3January 13, 2010, 06:46:35 am

CdnVWJunkie

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:35 am »
Jesper, welcome to the forum!

With you living in Europe you have options for factory bolt on m-tdi pumps.  The AAZ is designed to operate at much lower injection pressures and while some have tried them and had their engines runs, they won't do so efficiently nor properly.  I don't recall all the different vehicles in which a direct Mtdi pump could be found on but if you spend a little time and search these forums on this subject I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

If you could please post up a pic or two of your Syncro.

Rob

Reply #4January 13, 2010, 10:23:30 am

jvang

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:23:30 am »
Hi Rob

thx for the reply... I will post some pictures of my syncro in a while!

i will do a little more searching but it seems like there is not any direct fit pumps! but anyway I have just been in your beautiful country! I was a expert in autobody repair in Worldskills... it was held in Calgary : ) what an experience.. fantastic competition...

thank yoy again Rob

Cheers jesper

Reply #5January 13, 2010, 02:44:24 pm

CdnVWJunkie

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »
Looking forward to seeing your T3. 

There are a few vendors who will either sell you a pump or build one to your specifications. 

- Giles at Performance Diesel Injection:  http://www.performancediesel.ca/
- Karl at Westy Ventures:  http://www.westyventures.com/

or New:

- http://www.advancedautomotion.com/product_info.php?products_id=109

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while in Canada.  Calgary is a nice area and foot of the Rockies.

Reply #6January 13, 2010, 04:07:01 pm

svenakela

• Junior

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:07:01 pm »
Go to ebay.co.uk and search for Land Rover 200 and 300 pumps, there are some of them at the moment.

Reply #7January 16, 2010, 12:59:09 pm

jvang

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 12:59:09 pm »
hi

im curious on making my pumpe work for my 1z, not buying other pumps!

so hints to make this frankenpump work is welcome : )

jesper

Reply #8January 16, 2010, 04:47:34 pm

svenakela

• Junior

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »
Have you checked this thread? Lots of info. :)
http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=6427.0

Reply #9January 17, 2010, 03:16:39 am

sabatino

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 03:16:39 am »
Hi jesper, has climbed on pomp fiat tdi it chromes 1993 1.9 tdis on engine 1z,
with small repair injectors I have not had any problem drawing 115 hp and it is a lot of express. 
It also tries you with pomp fiat it chromes tdi it is excellent :o  ;D

Reply #10January 18, 2010, 09:07:34 am

jvang

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 09:07:34 am »
yup... i have see and read that topic 100 times, but dosen seem to be nessary for me goal...
sabation, that pump is unknown in denmark . )

Reply #11January 21, 2010, 12:56:56 pm

sabatino

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 12:56:56 pm »
look for her/it on e-bay  

Fiat croma turbo diesel directed injection n° 0 460 414 056 VE R 286
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:17:31 pm by sabatino »

Reply #12January 21, 2010, 01:38:01 pm

Rabbit on Roids

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 01:38:01 pm »
Hi

thank your for your answer...

first I dont need to make alot of hp, then the tranny will give up... what Im looking for is at 80-90hp and torque and a reliable engine compaired to the original 1,6TD JX engine.

I can easily put a TDI camplate in, but as you say it will be nessesary to do alot af customwork to springs and governer arms... ( but I thougt it was to gain all possible power, hp).

the idea with the AAZ camplate was to make it less agressiv and maybe eliminate some of the customwork!

But again... I could try it and find out, but as you say... mayde alot of trouble for nothing!

any suggestions from other persons???

Jesper

my suggestion, if you want 90 horse power, just build the 1.6 a little bit. they were almost that much power in stock form. building a Mtdi for less than 100 horsepower is pretty much a waste of time in my opinion. if you did build the pump with the aaz cam plate, it would probably make right about 80 horse, and run like crap at best. why spend so much money on it if you aint gonna be using it to its full potential? put an intercooler on the 1.6, put some head studs in it, turn the fuel up a little on the injection pump, do the governor mod, and put a different intake manifold on it if you can get one to fit. that should bring you up to 90 horse, and for about a third of the cost. and you already have all the stuff to do it with, minus the intercooler and head studs.

Reply #13January 23, 2010, 01:54:56 am

jvang

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:56 am »
Rabbit on Roids

I dont WANT 90 hp... I just dont want the mTDI full potential, because my syncro tranny will blow up : )

I just want a reliable and strong engine and the original 1,6TD JX turbo engine isnt... it will run hot in secs... been there done that, last time i went for a AAZ setup with IC and so on and so far! same problem!!!

NOW I want a cooler running engine and it will be possible with a 1Z...

I can put in the 1Z camplate, no problem... I just dont want to make all those minor changes to the govenor and speedlevers etc.

I want to know if... my pumpe AAZ with a 1z camplet,plunger and head and SB boost pin can be tune in and run good!

All of my parts have cost me around 400 US

i will run a IC also...

Jesper

Reply #14January 23, 2010, 01:14:26 pm

55eta

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »
the vw lt 35 2.8 tdi pump is a bolt on swap apart from needing to drill one hole and tap a thread for the throttle cable brackets ,there is a good thread at www.brick-yard.co.uk on mtdi t25 or t3 using the lt2.8 tdi pump there was talk of a complete conversion kit being available but would imagine it would be expensive due to the cost of the new pump

Fixmyvw.com