Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: beat a cavalier... almost.  (Read 2714 times)

October 06, 2005, 06:42:32 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

beat a cavalier... almost.
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:42:32 pm »
Today on the way to work, I came to a stop at a 4 lane rural 80km/h highway. I needed to turn left. Ahead of me, from the opposite direction on the same sideroad, was a newish cavalier Z24, about to turn right on the the same highway. Traffic cleared and we both made our turns, ending up with him ahead by about 5 carlengths. I was running late, and was farrrged if I was gonna get stuck behind this inevitably slowpoke when the two lanes merged into one up ahead. Hammered it! (read like the 'gay' Daymon Wayans and David Allen Grier on 'In Living Colour' as they reviewed movies etc. "Hated it!")  Anyway, he hammered it too, but I was steadily reeling him in. Just as I was nosing past his driver door, I noticed the Police badge on his shirtsleeve. Unhammered it! Luckily It was just a few clicks over the limit, and he kept going, probably off duty.
So... Almost beat a Z24 in a sprint for the lead through a lane merge

I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #1October 06, 2005, 07:49:43 pm

VWRacer

• Veteran

beat a cavalier... almost.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 07:49:43 pm »
He'd have to be a real dick to bust you for simple speeding while off duty...especially when he was doing it too.  :lol:

My experience has been that most cops are cool about that.  :mrgreen:

The local CHP officer pulled me over a while back and started giving me a hard time about doing "at least 80" on my motorcycle up a twisty 2-lane county road. He badgered me a bit before asking for my license - not only did I have the proper M1 license (rare for motorcyclists in Cali), but I also live on the road in question. He shut right up and gave me my license back with a "have a nice day", before getting in his squad car and driving off.

Cool, I thought. Go have a donut!  :D
Stan
C-Sports Racer