S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 1986 1.6 N/A Golf For Sale (Unmolested!)  (Read 3161 times)

October 13, 2009, 10:05:19 pm

GIDDY_UP_GO

• Junior

1986 1.6 N/A Golf For Sale (Unmolested!)
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:05:19 pm »
Well, the time has come for me to part with my beloved GOLF. I purchased a 2002 New Beetle TDI a couple weeks ago and the wife says the Golf must go.

I am the 2nd owner of this car and have owned it the last 3 years. It has truly been one of the best cars I have ever owned. I am a very picky person, and have put a lot of money into this car to make it perfect. I have every receipt from the time I 1st purchased this car and the totals are close to $5000. I will list everything that has been replaced.

I just had the car repainted this summer in the original color of LE5C (Deep Cosmic Blue)

Timing belt and water pump replaced at 170,000 mi.
New heater core installed January "09"
New front drive axles less than 1000 mi. ago
Air Conditioner converted over to R134 (BLOWS ICE COLD!)
New alternator belt and A/C belt less than 1000 mi. ago
New front tires back tires at 60% tread
1983 VW GTI Snowflakes
1983 VW GTI Steering wheel
Aiwa CD/CDR player
Tinted window on rear hatch
New exhaust 3 years ago
New windshield 3 years ago
Valves adjusted less than 1000 miles ago
Aligned summer of "09"
Tires balanced and rotated summer of "09"
Both front struts replaced in "08"
New front brakes including pads and rotors summer of "09"
New passenger side front wheel seal summer of "09"
New rear parking brake cables summer of "09"
New rear wheel seal drivers side summer of "09"
Fresh oil and oil filter change in addition to fuel filter and air filter less than 1000 miles ago
I have always used Shell Rotella T 15W-40
I have always added Lucas fuel treatment and injector cleaner with every fill up
New battery summer of "08"
New adjustable tie rod ends summer of "08"
New wiper blades summer of "09"
New Paint summer of "09"

This car is a solid 8 out of a possible 10 in my book. I am a very picky person and if something needs fixed, I get it fixed. I either do it myself or hire my VW mechanic to do it for me. You will not be dissappointed in this car. I drive it every day and it starts with no problem, it only smokes a little blueish white smoke the 1st start of the day and then it never smokes again. It has been getting  an average of 42-44 mpg depending on if you run the A/C and how fast you drive it.

The car has 202,000 miles on it and everything works! From the rear window defroster to the light in the glove box, it all works! I am asking $3500 for this car and will not budge on the price one dollar. You will be hard pressed to find another car in this condition! I will not accept anything in trade, only $3500 cash. Fly into Indianapolis and drive the car home, it will make it!

86 MK2 Golf Diesel

Fixmyvw.com