Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Mitsubishi Mighty Max Turbo Diesel  (Read 4627 times)

August 10, 2009, 06:09:45 pm

spencebm

• Veteran

Mitsubishi Mighty Max Turbo Diesel
« on: August 10, 2009, 06:09:45 pm »
I need any information I can get with finding parts for this truck my friend just bought.  I need oil filter numbers, anything to do with steering, and any other information about getting things rebuilt.  Please, any help would be great.  Thanks!

Ben Spencer

Reply #1August 10, 2009, 09:49:35 pm

bajacalal

Re: Mitsubishi Mighty Max Turbo Diesel
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:49:35 pm »
What year is this thing? It is something like 2.3 liters right?

When I worked at a parts store, a customer had one. IIRC, most everything on the truck is the same as the gasoline model except for what's on the diesel engine and even that is similar to the gas engine used in those trucks and Starions/Conquests. I believe a lot of the common parts were actually listed in the computer/catalog or the customer brought part numbers in that would interchange to our parts. I think the engine parts are a lot harder to find than VW diesel stuff.

These engines also show up in Ford Rangers (late 1980s I think).

Reply #2August 11, 2009, 10:38:43 pm

spencebm

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:38:43 pm »
84' mitsu, california, egr, need to know if it has heat shields below the injectors or not.  Oil filter isn't the same I don't think and the oil needs changed badly.  Also having steering rack issues.  Takes a lot to turn it and I am guessing it had power steering gears in the box and they took the power steering off it.  I know someone knows some stuff about these
Ben Spencer

Reply #3August 12, 2009, 01:12:38 am

bajacalal

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 01:12:38 am »
We used to call these kinds of things "junkyard specials" sorry, that means all bets are off...

Seriously, my best advice is make friends with people at a good parts store. If you're in an area with a lot of ag. equipment, there will be people accustomed to finding oddball stuff. Go in there when it's slow and leave the parts behind if they get busy so they can look at it later. They will get bored eventually. We used to really appreciate that. Buy them a pizza or something if they get you something really hard to find.

Oil filter is listed as NAPA # 1324. I believe gasoline is different but IIRC many parts are the same as the 2.5. The alternator is not, I remember that and the vacuum pump is on the alternator. This is on their website BTW but only comes up under "2300 Pickup" not Mighty Max, for some reason but that's the right engine. '86 Rangers show filter 1067 for this engine they had as an option so no guarantees, ok.

Reply #4August 12, 2009, 10:53:58 am

macka

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:53:58 am »
try 4x4wire dot com. Join the Mitsu section, there is a large FAQ of diesel parts and cross references. Tell Phil Macka says HI
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.

S-PAutomotive.com