Author Topic: WTB spares.  (Read 3388 times)

June 26, 2009, 04:34:20 pm

bajacalal

WTB spares.
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:34:20 pm »
I'm looking to buy some parts to keep in the trunk just in case I happen to need them when I'm out in BFE.

1.) I want a set of injection lines for a TURBO diesel IDI engine. I have a TD engine from a 1985 Jetta. Anything is fine as long as they are in usable condition, no heavily rusted lines that are going to fail in 500 miles but they don't have to be shiny either. I want to carry them around just in case. I don't want to drive 50 miles spitting diesel fuel again.

2.) a shut-off solenoid in working condition.

3.) I need the clip that holds the injection lines together, just the large one that holds all 4 by the injection pump. It's missing from my engine. Ideally this would come with the injection lines.

4.) Any other small parts you think are a good idea for long trips through the middle of nowhere where VW diesel parts are scarce.

Let me know if you have something you think I would want...

Reply #1June 29, 2009, 02:24:20 pm

bajacalal

Re: WTB spares.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:24:20 pm »
I now have a spare GP relay and I found the injection line clip so I don't need those.

I am still looking for the injection lines and stop solenoid.

I really don't want to pay retail prices for new parts that may never get used and will just live in my trunk, looking for somebody wanting to get rid of used parts they don't want...

Reply #2July 10, 2009, 07:45:38 pm

bajacalal

Re: WTB spares.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 07:45:38 pm »
I still would like to get spare injection lines for a 1.6 TD.