Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: re-doing your C-pillars!  (Read 2238 times)

June 22, 2009, 04:36:52 pm

ashleyroe

re-doing your C-pillars!
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:36:52 pm »
i dont usually do write ups, so this probably will suck but here it goes:

so last week while it was nice out decided to recover the c-pillars since the material that was there was mysteriously removed before i owned the car. (not to mention the fact i had ripped out the AWFUL checker headliner that was in the car.

first, you take your head liner material (you can get at any jo-anne fabrics).
then you cut out the basic shape of the c-pillars.
if you're unsure what size to cut out take a measuring tape to the car and make sure you leave 3-4 inches extra on all sides.

once the material is cut, map out how it will fit against the car.
then spray the whole c-pillar metal with heavy duty headliner adhesive spray. (this is repositionable)

make sure you start from the top with the material and have atleast three inches at the top hanging over the head liner. spread out all the material till it is smooth. now take your screw driver or if you have interior trim tools use those to push the top of the cpillar material into the head liner. (fold an edge of the material first. if your head liner is out you do not need to do this step).

next the extra material at the side can be cut. hold the material out and cut along where the seals are leaving enough to be tucked. once everything is cut again you can take an interior tool to push the material into the window seal and the trunk seal (trunk seal can be removed for better installation) next is to tuck the buttom material into the speaker shelfs and cut excess material (again you can remove these for better installation - i was lazy and didnt take anything out)

lastly spray adhesive along the window for the long piece of material. tuck where nessecery, fold the edge for a finshed look and adhere the edge.

Reply #1June 22, 2009, 05:03:52 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

Re: re-doing your C-pillars!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »
very nice!
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

Reply #2June 27, 2009, 09:00:44 am

macka

• Veteran

Re: re-doing your C-pillars!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:00:44 am »
this is FAQ material
Quote from: Vincent Walden
I do know that I drive torque,  while listening to my friends prattle on about horsepower.