Author Topic: Two Questions about parts availability for Rebuilding a TD  (Read 2871 times)

June 14, 2004, 12:08:47 pm

Angry Tape

Two Questions about parts availability for Rebuilding a TD
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:08:47 pm »
Alright....its actually 3 questions.  

First...Ive heard that the crank bolt is a strech bolt that needs to be replaced when removed.  However, I cant find a part # for it on ETKA.  Anyone know what it is?

Second...ETKA wont give me a part number for the three way water hose that goes from the water pump to the oil cooler to the head flange.  Niether can I find in in auto parts online databases.  ANy Idea where to get this hose.   Its not the hose that goes from the pump to the oil cooler to the water distribution pipe...its the other one.

Third..and this one is just a question.  Is there a gasket between the turbo and the Exhaust manifold...cause my parts motor didnt have one and ETKA doesnt show one.  Just seems to me like there should be one.

THanks,
Chris

Reply #1June 14, 2004, 12:24:40 pm

type53b_gtd

• Junior

• http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd/
Re: Two Questions about parts availability for Rebuilding a
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:24:40 pm »
Quote from: "KarmannSport"
Alright....its actually 3 questions.  

First...Ive heard that the crank bolt is a strech bolt that needs to be replaced when removed.  However, I cant find a part # for it on ETKA.  Anyone know what it is?

1.6 MF and 1.9 AAZ is N 905 771 01 (12 pt socket head screw, M14X1,5X47)

Second...ETKA wont give me a part number for the three way water hose that goes from the water pump to the oil cooler to the head flange.  Niether can I find in in auto parts online databases.  ANy Idea where to get this hose.   Its not the hose that goes from the pump to the oil cooler to the water distribution pipe...its the other one.

The threeway hose is 068 121 053 P, any decent aftermarket place should carry it, or the dealer.

Third..and this one is just a question.  Is there a gasket between the turbo and the Exhaust manifold...cause my parts motor didnt have one and ETKA doesnt show one.  Just seems to me like there should be one.

No, there is no gasket.

Drew

Reply #2June 14, 2004, 01:32:24 pm

Angry Tape

Two Questions about parts availability for Rebuilding a TD
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 01:32:24 pm »
THanks man!