S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: '89 VW Caddy - Massive Spec - Featured PVW July '08  (Read 3935 times)

February 16, 2009, 05:09:23 pm

caddyjoe

• http://www.tidyvag.co.uk
'89 VW Caddy - Massive Spec - Featured PVW July '08
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:09:23 pm »
Time has come to sell my truck.  Moving on to an all steel model A Ford rod project.

I've owned the truck since 2004 and since buying it spent well in excess of 10k building it, not to mention the hundreds of hours of my time.  Everything has either been rebuilt, uprated or replaced.  Its stunning and a massive headturner.  Arguably one of the best Caddy's built in the UK.  I drive it every single day and it always puts a smile on my face.  Drove it to Belgium and back in a weekend for a European show last year, didn't miss a beat.

It was featured in issue 141 of PVW in July 2008.

Spec is as follows:

Engine
1.9 TD (AAZ code), fully rebuilt in '05 having covered 22k since then. Garrett T3 turbo, custom oil return, rebuilt injector pump with uprated internals, front mounted intercooler with custom pipework, uprated clutch, CHD code 020 gearbox, 100mm driveshafts, 2.5" stainless exhaust system from turbo back, just had full engine service and new cambelt.  130+ bhp.

Chassis
7x14 and 8x14 ET22 HTN KS Design three piece splits, 195/45VR14 Dunlop SP9000's, FK Highsport coilovers, flipped axle, gas rear shocks, GTi ventilated discs and pads, rebuilt calipers, 9" servo and 22mm master cylinder.  All bushes, bearings, suspension arms and ball joints replaced, rear brakes rebuilt, new handbrake cables.

Exterior
Full respray in VW Indian Red (including engine bay and interior), LHD wiper location deleted, side repeaters deleted, aerial deleted, lower rear panel smoothed, arches rolled and flared, mirrors relocated to front of doors, chrome front bumper, GL front splitter, single lamp grille, crystal crosshair headlights, all red rear clusters, chrome window trims, audi 2000 chrome handles, chrome tailgate handle, NOS rabbit truck rear slider, new windscreen, pressed euro plates.

Inside
Corrado storm black leather seats, Golf GX doorcards, GTi black carpet and centre console with Splitfire gauges, Momo 320mm Millenium steering wheel with SWM snap off boss, black carpet mats, black leather headlining.

There's probably loads more I've forgotten but the pictures speak a thousand words anyway.

I'm asking £5k no offers as it is or £4k without the HTN's.

No timewasters or dreamers please.  If you come to look at it you won't be driving it until I've seen your insurance details and the cash.

I would consider a part exchange in the form of a mk4 Golf GT TDi (with a 6 speed box and service history) but only up to the value of £2.5k

Joe
01202 419980
07735 331184

Reply #1February 17, 2009, 08:20:32 am

stewardc

'89 VW Caddy - Massive Spec - Featured PVW July '08
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:20:32 am »
More detail please (interior pics, engine pics, etc.)

Fixmyvw.com