S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Working with my daily TDi and project mk2 Jetta  (Read 4515 times)

January 15, 2009, 09:26:31 am

Christian_Finland

• User+

Working with my daily TDi and project mk2 Jetta
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:26:31 am »
Hi my name is Kim and I'm from Finland. I'm quite new to this forum but what I have read here shows me that there's very enthusiastic VW diesel tuners here. That's what I like. I have now to projects going on. This daily used Seat Toledo TDi and a mk2 Jetta. Sorry if my english is't allways correct but i'm learning here all the time.

Heres a picture of the Jetta about 3 years ago. Now it's stript down to a rolling chassis.

Jetta is going to get a diesel engine in the future.

But now to the car of this topic. It's a 1997 Seat Toledo TDi with AHU engine. The greatest thing about this car is that it has the same chassis bottom plate (is this correc saying) as the mk2 Jetta. Beacause this is a daily used car i have to keep it going all the time so every big changes has to be done in couple days time.

One of the first things i did was gettin rid of the EGR valve. I throw the whole thing away and made flange out of 10mm flat bar.

Made also a new inlet pipe for the turbo. I used stainless steel for this.

Seat Toledo -97 1.9TDi (AHU, KKK K26 turbo, EVO 3 LT intake manifold, Big FMIC, ASV 110hp nozzles, custom software, 3" downpipe and exhaust, 3" turbo intake pipe, 2.5" IC pipes) daily and VW Jetta -89 project

Reply #1January 15, 2009, 12:09:15 pm

Christian_Finland

• User+

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:09:15 pm »
The car was in a parking lot of a Bosch workshop about a year ago and thieves did some damage to it.

Got the car back on some wheels and I had to change the radiator. This was a good opportunity to change the radiator fan to a superslim one. I had to cut the lock carrier to fit the new IC.

I also updated some new headlights and some LED lightbulbs to the car .

I rerouted the CCV to a stainless steel catch can.

Also made a new IC pipe for the turbo.

New updates tomorrow....
Seat Toledo -97 1.9TDi (AHU, KKK K26 turbo, EVO 3 LT intake manifold, Big FMIC, ASV 110hp nozzles, custom software, 3" downpipe and exhaust, 3" turbo intake pipe, 2.5" IC pipes) daily and VW Jetta -89 project

Reply #2January 16, 2009, 05:32:24 am

Christian_Finland

• User+

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:32:24 am »
OK Here's some pictures of the Evo II LT intake manifold.

First I cutted the side runners of and made some plates to the holes.

Then i gave the manifold to Aki-76 for some weldin in mind. And this is what I got back.

There might be a chance that the LT manifold will flow better than the original AHU manifold.  :wink:

Had to modify the intakeport shape a bit. No big deal.

And if someone is going to use the LT manifold with stock AHU exhaust manifold, it doesn't go into place without a fight. I had to grind some material of both manifolds to get it fit. With a tubular exhaust manifold there isn't any problems.

Reply #3January 16, 2009, 02:44:14 pm

rallydiesel

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 02:44:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Nice work with the intake. What are your plans for the mk2?
2006 Jetta TDI - gtb1749v, Malone 2, Frank's Titan 2 cam, VR6 clutch....
1991 Jetta TD - sold :(
2001 Golf TDI - Son's
1981 Rabbit - BEW tdi swap project

"ONCE YOU GO CLACK, YOU NEVER GO BACK"

Reply #4January 16, 2009, 05:25:02 pm

Christian_Finland

• User+

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:02 pm »
For a long time I was thinking of keeping it going with a petrol engine but now that I have worked with the diesel Toledo I'm sure it will have a diesel engine too. For what I have planned for sure is gettin the Jetta on a diet and makin a rollcage, four racing seats and racing seatbelts. It will be driven only summertime and I will show some tracktime to it. Becouse the Toledo and Jetta are basicly same car but different looks I can swap parts between the two cars.

Some pictures of making the IC.

Made some templates for the welder.

The finnished product.

cutting the lock carrier

making some supports

there it is mounted to the car